Supply Chain Assistant ( To be based in Zombo)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supportingnationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector.The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth.https://www.rescue.org/country/uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum (and Lamwo) Moroto and West Nile (Yumbe & Terego). Given the conflict outbreak in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, IRC opened the Zombo Field site office to support refugees being settled in Zombo refugee settlement in Zombo Districts.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
The Supply Chain Assistant holds the primary responsibility of carrying out various supply chain monitoring and coordination functions including warehousing, Asset management, procurement, logistics/ transport and maintenance reporting any incidents that may arise immediately to the Field Manager
- Work with the Field Manager and Program Managers to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Advise the Program Coordinators, and field manager on vehicle requirements and issues.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in efficient manner. Schedule timely and regular preventive maintenance of all vehicles and Generators.
- Ensure that regular meeting is taking place with the drivers, and reports any concerns to the Program Coordinator.
- Compile the drivers’ duty roster and work schedule·
- Coordinate with admin to ensure mail is distributed by drivers to the correct recipients.
- Ensure that all drivers are in possession of driver's valid licenses and that all vehicles are insured.
Inventory Management (Warehousing and Asset)
the Program Coordinators, and field manager on the potential inventory
shortages, warehouse specific issues or improvements.
Implement and ensure clear loading/offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
Organize shipment of the program materials to the Program site.
- Maintain proper tracking of all IRC Assets
- Manage stock equipping records including asset issue form, asset register and tags
Systems Compliance and Improvement: -
- IRC-Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and OC
Policy compliance – IRC way policies
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to the CD. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Ensuring the non disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- Follow all IRC and donor purchasing procedures and regulations, ensuring all PRs are correctly filled in with all the required information.
- Ensure all procurements are fully and accurately documented, which leads to easy tracing of procurement records.
- Continuously inform the program staff of the progress and constraints in the procurement process and develop solutions in consultation with the Program Coordinator.
- Ensuring that all procurement is done at the best value possible, while maintaining the quality of the product.
- Ensure procurement is done in the most transparent and cost effective way possible.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through PRs, POs, RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices and Delivery Reports.
- Initiate Invitations to Bids and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary and when necessary.
- Coordinate with finance Officer and Field Manager for the supplies and making sure suppliers are paid effectively.
- Maintain efficient systems for purchase requisitions, orders, and their administration through files that easily demonstrate open vs closed purchase requests.
- Maintain database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of supplies, goods and works.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinators and Field Manager set up MPAs and MSAs for the field site.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all developments and issues through daily briefing, weekly procurements updates and bi-monthly reports.
- Provide ongoing training, advice to supply chain and program staff in procurement policies, systems and procedures.
- Responsible for contracting vehicles for transportation of materials to the Program offices and sites.
- Submit monthly report on cost and status of all procurement during reporting period.
- Assist with any other duties as requested by the supervisor
- prepare clear loading/offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Organize shipment of the program materials to the Program site.
- Maintain proper tracking of all the IRC assets present in Malualkon.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is Thursday 23rd July,2020