The Anaesthetic Officer will be responsible for administering anaesthesia and managing patients in the theatre and post-operative patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and budgeting for Anesthetic activities in the hospital.
- Preparing patients for anesthesia and administering it.
- Providing pre and post-operative care to patient.
- Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations.
- Maintaining anesthetic operational equipment and ensuring their functionality.
- Requisitioning and accounting for anesthetic materials and sundries.
- Supervising and appraising staff.
- Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics.
- Supporting research activities.
- Compiling and submitting reports to relevant authorities.
- Provide regular feedback to the Medical Officer on activity in the theater including patients’ condition and progress.
- Assist in preparation of reports
Key Working Relationships
Direct supervisor:Health facility incharge
Technical support:Medical Officer, Health facility incharge
Other: Supply Chain, Finance, Admin. staff
Govt. of Uganda:District Health Team and other district officialsOther:NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region.