ROSTER OF HR EXPERTS
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
ROSTER of HR EXPERTS
The Human Resources (HR) Section aims to ensure that KAICIID has the right quality of human resources on its team, with the appropriate skills, competencies, systems and tools in place in order for the Centre to achieve its strategic and operational goals.
KAICIID conditions of service are similar to those of the United Nations Common System organizations and the grading of the positions is based on the UN grades. The KAICIID Job Evaluation Matrix has been developed based on the UN Job Evaluation Matrix.
From time to time, KAICIID needs to conduct a job evaluation process, in line with the KAICIID Policy on Grading of Positions which is currently in the process of finalization.
KAICIID is calling for applications of HR Experts who have experience with grading of positions within inter-governmental organizations to assist the Centre with the review and fine tuning of job profiles and provide expert advice on the grading of individual positions, taking into account KAICIID Job Evaluation Matrix.
In coordination with the Chief, Human Resources and the Position Grading Committee appointed by the Secretary General, the HR Expert shall:
- Review all available job profiles
- Conduct desk audits as required
- Draft new job profiles and/or update and amend the current ones, as appropriate
- Evaluate positions against the KAICIID Job Evaluation Matrix
- Provide recommendations to the Position Grading Committee and ultimately the Secretary General on grading of the positions, reporting lines and organizational structure, if appropriate
- Prepare a written report with his findings and recommendations to the Secretary General.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree (preferably advanced) in a relevant discipline such as Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration or other related field;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, including professional experience in job classification and organizational design, preferably in the UN system;
- Knowledge of organizational design principles and practices, demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to apply HR concepts and principles;
- Knowledge of the design and development of job profiles/job descriptions;
- English proficiency (written and spoken);
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills;
- A high sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and urgency.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Services shall be provided on an “as and when required” and a non-exclusive basis, depending on the HR Experts availability and the budgetary considerations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter in which you specify your availability during the period November 2020 – May 2021 and the expected daily rate.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
30 September 2020
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.