Monitoring Assistant -SC4- Ibb (VA 2020/03)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and Professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female and qualified applicants encouraged to apply
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
Job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office. At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organized and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
19 September 2020
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Experience: Three years’ work experience in in monitoring and data management preferably in humanitarian assistance
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
3. Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
4. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
5. Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
6. Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
7. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
8. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Compile all issues and complaints flagged through different monitoring sources and other feedback mechanism e.g. Third-Party Monitoring Reports, WFP field visits, Hotline etc.
- Follow up on all issues and complains, validate data on daily basis and ensure the accuracy of transferred data. Follow up and validation of issues and complaints may entail requesting clarifications and feedback from technical units in the Area Office or the Country Office; the Cooperating Partners or beneficiaries through remote calls.
- Maintain accurate records of all the follow up and verifications actions performed, notify decisions and feedback on the cases and complaints and relay to the Country Office for final closure.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly analytical reports on the status of issues of complaints e.g. pending or resolved.
Apply standard procedures for risk management and disclosure of information when handling the cases and complaints.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/” We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic Management||Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.|
|Performance Management||Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.|
|Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology||Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.|
|Data Analytics and Visualization||Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.|
|Programme Monitoring and Review||Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.|
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff is madeon a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.