Green Energy Associate (Re-advertisement)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Oversight: provide technical support in production of business cases, terms of reference to be used by vendors in individual projects, and other technical documentation as may be directed by the supervisor;
- Energy Efficiency Audit: provide support in energy efficiency audits in offices of interest and compile reports with recommendations. Follow up on implementation of recommendations where a budget has been approved. Travelling to UNDP office or to project site in remote area may be required;
- PCMM Roll-out: provide technical assistance in the roll out of power consumption monitoring and measuring (PCMM) devices in liaison with ICT Managers in assigned offices. Provide tier 2nd technical support, with possibility of escalating to equipment manufacturer;
- Promoting Adoption of Green Energy: in line with laid down procedures, identify opportunities for implementation of solar PV system and engaging with Country Offices, including possible expansion to project offices;
- Solar PV Implementation: as guided by the team leader, provide technical assistance to UNDP offices undergoing solar PV installation, as elaborated in the steps of the implementation process (see Project Description section above). This includes review of proposed designs, keeping track of implementation status of each office, and making necessary follow ups with relevant parties;
- Green Energy Helpdesk: regular monitoring of existing installations and attending to problems as may be reported by focal points or as may be detected from the monitoring systems. Play an active role in production of bi-annual report for specific installation(s);
- Green Energy Information: play an active role in revamping communication materials and web-based platform to disseminate information more effectively, including conducting webinars in liaison with Regional ICT Coordinators. Contribution to actual content is a significant part of this aspect, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Knowledge of energy efficiency concepts and/or technologies and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of sustainable consumption and production patterns and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to work with different online remote monitoring platforms from major inverter manufacturers to provide effective support to operational projects
- Provide remote and onsite training to focal points and other players involved in green energy projects in order to build technical capacity for first level support
- Ability to work with simulation software, compile and analyze technical and financial data, and produce initial system design and key figures for decision making
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability work effectively in collective tasks and rally the team together for high quality output
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with at least six (6) years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Renewable Energy or similar relevant field with relevant experience of at least three (3) years
- 3 - 6 years’ experience in solar PV systems;
- Proficiency in solar PV simulation software (PV*Sol) and modeling software (HOMER);
- Experience in technical remotely working with a third party implemented projects;
- Experience in energy efficiency assessment of office compounds;
- UN work experience will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of other UN language is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority will be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.