Project Field Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others:
- Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
- Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
- Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises
- Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements
The Project Field Assistant will be under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in the Philippines ad interim, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), day to day guidance of the Head of the Mindanao and Emergency Response and Preparedness Group (MERG), and the Project Team Leader.
FAO has been implementing various projects in Mindanao which are guided by the FAO Mindanao Strategic Programme for Agriculture/Agribusiness (MSPAA). One of the projects being implemented in Mindanao funded by FAO is the project entitled “Technical Support in Enhancing Climate Resilient Agriculture in Vulnerable Communities in the Bangsamoro”. The overall objective of the Project is to enhance the technical capacities of provincial and municipal agricultural personnel and farmers on resilient farming systems/climate resilient agriculture in Maguindanao province, Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao upgraded.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Field Assistant shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of project interventions to include, but not limited to, distribution of project inputs, monitoring and assessment of initial results of intervention and report writing;
- Provide overall support to Project Technical Specialists in the conduct of capacity-building activities, such as organizing trainings and workshops; preparing documentation reports on all training activities, workshops, and other project activities; and submitting these documentation reports to Project Technical Specialists for review
- Inform Project Technical Specialists on existing and potential field implementation problems and issues that require immediate attention, and recommend viable alternatives to resolve problems and issues;
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date database information system of farmer-beneficiaries and capacity-building interventions;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Project Team Leader and FAO Representative.
- The candidate must have a University Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Soil Science or Agricultural Science with complementary knowledge in agricultural development planning and other related fields;
- The candidate should have at least two (2) years relevant and progressive experience assisting in project implementation at the field level; and
- A national of the Philippines.
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/