Post Number : 5BAGBFM0002PA
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Erbil
Job Family: Field Operations Coordination
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-OCT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Iraq may apply to this position)
Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Iraq Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent shall assume the following tasks:
- Work involves provision of specialized administrative support services covering a series of financial, budgetary, HR and other tasks. Work includes maintenance of specific accounts, calculation and compilation of financial data, and generation and preparation of routine reports.
- While work objectives and methods are well-defined, there is a requirement to exercise judgement and to consider the intent of transactions, to identify anomalies, inconsistencies and errors and determine the corrective actions to support sound financial, budgetary and HR practices. Work is normally reviewed for accuracy and compliance with the established practices, procedures and instructions.
- Independently processes a series of financial, budgetary and other administrative records. Oversight focuses on ensuring a sound technical approach in compliance with the established rules and procedures and overall accuracy of work outputs. Technical support and guidelines on the most appropriate approach are available. Problems encountered cases are escalated for advice and solutions to complex and precedent-setting cases are discussed with the supervisor.
- Regularly interacts with Office staff (Head of Office, programme and administrative staff) and with colleagues from HQ corporate services (BFM, HRM, ADM, MSS, PAX) and regional/cluster office, as applicable. Work relations focus on gathering and collecting information and data, providing clarifications and explanations to resolve anomalies, discussing application of rules, procedures and accuracy of inputs.
- Contacts with beneficiaries, suppliers, UN agencies and local authorities are for the purpose of collection and exchange of information on the status of various transactions and for follow-up of issues.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience and progressively responsible work experience in administration or programme support services in the field of finance, accounting, audit, human resources or a related area.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Capacity for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to work under pressure, follow up on issues promptly, and to work efficiently under pressure, flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel. PowerPoint, etc.).
- Full proficiency in SAP (iRIS).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Certification or training in finance, accounting, audit, human resources or a related area.
- Experience working in the UN System, or at similar international or bilateral organizations.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of various UNESCO automated applications/ tools (e.g. DUO, TULIP, SISTER).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.