Programme Analyst - Governance (Kuwaiti Nationals only)
Applicants who already applied do not need to reapply
Under the overall guidance of the Resident Representative and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative in Kuwait, the Programme Analyst for Governance analyzes political, social and economic trends and leads in the formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within the Governance portfolio in Kuwait.
He/she contributes to policy dialogue with the government counterparts providing and facilitating relevant and high-quality policy advisory services as well as supporting the identification of top-notch national and international practitioners and innovators to further this dialogue in support of the implementation of the SDG-based Kuwait National Development Plan, as well as institutional capacity development of our partners as requested.
The Programme Analyst supervises programme support staff and provides guidance to project staff in a wide range of thematic area under governance. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the UNDP programme and operations teams, project staff, other UN entities and UNDP specialists and advisors at regional office. Programme Analyst is expected to foster constructive partnerships with various stakeholders in Kuwait and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of projects as per agreed upon workplans and timeframe.
- Timely analysis and research in the areas concerning governance portfolio for improvement of programme quality with creative and innovative ideas.
- Preparation of substantive inputs to office planning tools, instruments and documents.
- Analysis and draft proposals and ideas in support of the implementation of SDG-based Kuwait National Development Plan.
- Ensure programme quality and mainstreaming of core approaches (i.e. Gender) across projects
- Supports Innovation, private sector partnerships and financing models
- Design the unit workplan with forecasted resources, risk management and procurement plans.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to Project Advisory Committees, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, timely preparation of project boards, and closure of projects.
- Programme Analyst performs functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase Orders and vouchers approval, participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Provides guidance to new project staff on Results Based Management, project management and UNDP rules and regulations, in line with POPP, the Country Office Internal Control Framework and SOPs, and supports projects in anticipating implementation bottlenecks, and finding constructive solutions to deliver results to our clients.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Supports preparation of programme audits in the area of Governance
- Performs quality control, monitors and advises on the compliance of the Governance Portfolio with the corporate planning and performance monitoring tools and identifies the remedial actions;
- Participates in the preparation and update the annual integrated workplan as it relates to the Governanace portfolio and porvides the related reporting on results (IWP and ROAR as well as any other reports requested by the partners).
- Analysis and research of information on partners, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in partnership building and advocacy.
- Provides advisory services to the Government and ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Translate learning and knowledge into policy recommendations
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Development of necessary capacity assessment and development material
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Professional growth through active learning for his/her team
- Participate in designing of knowledge management initiatives for governance programme and project staff as required.
Required Skills and Experience
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.