Snr Business Intelligence Of
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior Business Intelligence Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Business Intelligence Officer is a leading Business Intelligence professional who is expected to deliver new insight and lasting value by turning data and information into useful business tools by interfacing of relevant data in future Business Intelligence solutions (Cognos or Microsoft SharePoint).
The incumbent provides support on management reporting and analytics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR), in addition to providing regular and ad-hoc reporting needs, such as metrics incorporating detailed statistics, related analysis, dashboard, key performance indicators, balanced scorecards and regular reports to inform senior management.
The Senior Business Intelligence Officer will lead and manage a diverse team and ensuring timely delivery. The incumbent normally reports to the a more senior staff member
The Senior Business Intelligence Officer will support the analysis of primary and secondary data for interpretation and evidence-informed decision making, will identify risks and opportunities based on insights derived from data and perform data profiling and other analysis to identify patterns and understand anomalies.
The incumbent will liaise with HQ/Regional Bureaux/Country Operations, external partners, national and regional institutions to keep abreast of best practice within the AoR.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Collect and analyze disaggregated statistics within the AoR for the purpose of developing and refining the relevant policy of the Organization. Review and validate organisational data.
- Monitor, assess and validate consistency and quality of data within the AoR to ensure its suitability to generate country, regional and global analysis, metrics and results.
- Oversee the design of the data and technical architecture for the data warehouse and the deployment of data to the data warehouse.
- Develop policies and procedures for the consolidation and analysis of data.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to develop big data use cases.
- Oversee the results of analytics and metrics.
- Develop and implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Support consolidation and interoperability of data systems.
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
- Communicate the status, value, and importance of data and information.
- Provide support to development and compliance with standard, norms and policies related to business intelligence tools.
- Contribute to assessments and situational analysis process with analytical frameworks, data collection, and analysis (standards, methodologies).
- Support planning process (standards, methodologies) quality assurance and technical advice on Theories of Change and indicators, as well as with data management and analysis methods.
- Analyse needs and capacities for data management activities and provide recommendations for bridging gaps.
- Improve data quality through field support, capacity building, monitoring and feedback.
- Provide training and support to regional bureaux and operations on BI and reporting.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Statistics; Data Science; Engineering;
Social Sciences; Law; Finance;
Information Technology or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Work experience in areas of Data Science, Finance, Programme, Information Management or other relevant fields. Experience in data warehouse, data modelling, business intelligence, data visualization and analysis
Experience in R, Phyton
Familiarity with Power BI, Peoplesoft
Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results
MS-Data Collection and Analysis
DM-Database Design & Development
CO-Data Visualisation Techniques/Software
DM-Data governance, quality assurance and preservation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
X009L3 - Change Capability and Adaptability Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this September 2020 Compendium is Tuesday 20 October 2020 (midnight Geneva time).