Snr Process Management Officer
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior Process Management Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the direct supervision of a more senior staff member, the Senior Process Management Officer will primarily focus on creating and coordinating business processes that will support the achievement of the set deliverables and job objectives. The incumbent will supervise a diverse team of professional and local staff and will be responsible for development, configuration and optimisation of the processes within the Area of Responsibility (AoR) in coordination with other Units as well as Divisions and other entities in HQ and Regional Bureaux.
The incumbent contributes to the objective of providing reliable support and guidance to the Regional Bureaux and Country Operations in their strategic planning and annual resource allocation processes.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the geographic and thematic AoR to facilitate the analysis of programme and budget management and budget submissions.
- Analyse programme budget and resource management to improve the efficient use of resources by maximizing opportunities.
- Develop and monitor context-specific KPIs and benchmarks to complement corporate-level indicators.
- Develop, configure and optimise processes in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform process simulations and troubleshooting.
- Provide advice on programme budget management throughout the programme cycle following-up as required to ensure best practices are observed, resources are used in a cost-effective manner and that adequate controls are in place, anticipating, preventing and proposing solutions to problems and issues that arise.
- Coordinate with Regional Bureaux/ Divisions/ Operations and entities, as applicable, regarding the interpretation of policies and procedures and provide advice on their practical application.
- Coordinate the planning for financial requirements, providing trends, in relation to the strategic directions and planned activities, reviewing and ensuring the quality, coherence, consistency and completeness of budget submissions for the initial allocation and subsequent reallocations of resources during the programme year, so that the use of available resources is prioritised and optimised.
- Undertake, throughout the entire budget cycle, programme and financial monitoring and analysis of all financial operations as well as analysis of progress towards financial objectives, ensuring consistency with approved budget, strategy and organizational guidelines and proposing corrective action if necessary.
- Contribute with analysis, documentation, or any other relevant input to the preparation of notes and answers to audit queries; ensure the implementation of budget-related audit recommendations.
- Assist data quality processes to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting.
- Check budget impact of position change requests (creations, discontinuations, upgrades).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Social Sciences; Law; Mathematics;
International Relations; Political Science; Data Science;
Finance; Economics; Business Administration;
Accounting; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience providing administrative and management support
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working in budget analysis and position management including short or long-term field experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of UNHCR regulations, policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in process improvement and quality assurance.
- Field operations experience preferred.
- Experience developing operation manuals, policies, or procedures.
- BU-UNHCR's Budgetary Cycle;
- IT-Budget & Financial Management;
- RM-Resource Management;
- MG-Business Process Innovation on a global scale;
- PG-Monitoring Programmes/Projects.
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X009L3 - Change Capability and Adaptability Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this September 2020 Compendium is Tuesday 20 October 2020 (midnight Geneva time).