Accounts Assistant, GS-5, Financial Management Centre (AICU), Supply Division, Cph
Supply Division is looking for an Accounts Assistant for the Financial Management Centre.
Accounts Assistant GS-5 (FT)
Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit, Financial Management Centre, UNICEF Supply Division
The Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit in UNICEF Supply Division is seeking a highly motivated Accounts Assistant.
For Every Child…Commitment
The unit’s work is cross-cutting in nature, providing support to UNICEF’s Supply Division, Regional and Country Offices, and collaborating with other Divisions and external supply partners. The position ensures seamless processing of financial transactions in line with UNICEF Financial Regulations and Rules and related procedures.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Under the overall supervision of the Accounting Manager, responsible for different accounting tasks and invoice processing for area of responsibility, contributing to effective financial funds management and timely and accurate financial reporting of transactions, supporting the achievement of partner satisfaction, protecting the interests of UNICEF through effective and efficient use of systems, procedures and processes, and delivering focused customer-service to internal and external stakeholders.
The responsibilities for the position are the following:
- Performs accounting functions in the unit, including but not limited to invoice processing via an online portal to the General Shared Service Centre, various accounting transactions in accordance with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements.
- Processes, reviews and analyzes SAP transactions, payments and account balances for area of responsibility, identifies and initiates required adjustments. Performs financial accounting and analysis for the Unit using a MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Attends to queries by suppliers and other business units. Follows up on outstanding issues by communicating via email and/or phone.
- Prepares financial reports/schedules for internal management, external partners and other third parties (in MS Excel, MS Word, SAP). Prepares exception reports and / or periodic reports, statements, and summary analyses. Prepares documentation and work papers in relation to areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and ensures system’s and reports’ compliance with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements.
- Identifies and recommends system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other ad hoc tasks in related areas as required and provides back up support to colleagues within the respective unit.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
Candidates should be service-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective working relationships with partners, customers and colleagues.
- Secondary school, including courses in accounting from a recognized commercial school.
- Five (5) years of general and successful accounting experience, preferably in an international/ governmental (non-profit) organization in a highly computerized environment.
- Good knowledge of computerized accounting application systems and MS Office package, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residency permit as an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- Proficiency in another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
- University level courses in Business Administration, Public Administration, Service Management, Business Communication or other related disciplines are desirable.
- Experience in SAP financial modules (FI/FM/CO/PS) or other ERP systems.
- Working knowledge of month-end reporting processes.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. In addition, the following functional competencies will be required for these positions:
- Analyzing [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing [I]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [I]
To view our competency framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
The closing date is 14 October 2020. Please be informed that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/