Administrative Associate (Building Maintenance Mgmt)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor and report on building maintenance workplan;
- Collect information and report on building performance;
- Propose and articulate service improvements;
- Identify and estimate impact of different building environment improvements;
- Coordination/supervision and Monitoring of Services provided by Contractors;
- Preparation of specifications and evaluation of bids;
- Plan and systemize maintenance schedules and physical improvement projects in short and long term;
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
- Assistance (provision of inputs) in the preparation of the building maintenance budget for the next year running cost;
- Assistance to maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Review, research, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations;
- Assists in cost-benefit analysis of building maintenance services provided;
- Assist the Administrative Specialist in developing cost estimates for new services and building needs;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports.
- Prepares individuals work plans, career development and job-related training;
- Review and assess staff’s performance by conducting performance appraisal processes in consultation with the Administrative Specialist.
- Organization of training for the building maintenance staff on administration;
- Briefing to staff members on general building maintenance matters and provision of advice;
- Perform other administrative support, as required;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
- Accurately accumulating information and its analysis; forecasting potential problems and planning; allowing for alternative, creative solutions and identifying most reasonable solutions.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and commitments.
- Provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
- Ability to focus on results for clients by providing information, being accessible, understanding their needs and giving them due priority.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals.
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with minimum seven (7) years experience OR Bachelors degree in a relevant field with four (4) years experience;
- University degree in Engineering desirable but is not a requirement;
- Certifications in facility management would be an advantage.
- 4-7 years of work experience required in building maintenance including some experience supervising and coordination within a team;
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures is required;
- Knowledge of building structures would be an asset;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable;
- Good knowledge of ERP systems (such as PeopleSoft) is desirable;
- Experience with vendor management and collection of bids on special projects would be desirable.
- Fluency in English and Danish required.
- The usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) is required;
- Knowledge of protocol and security issues is desired;
- Non-Smoking environment.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.