Employee Relations Specialist (Senegal, Belgium, Switzerland, Lebanon, Kenya Based)
This opportunity can be based in the following: Senegal, Belgium, Switzerland, Lebanon, Kenya
The Employee Relations Investigator sits within Global Human Resources and is responsible to provide coordination of employee relations matters and to conduct workplace investigations regarding potential violations of policy, alleged breaches of the IRC Way and other serious misconduct. The Employee Relations Investigator will participate in review and assignment of incoming complaints, and provide ongoing support to HR Leads to ensure Employee Relations matters are managed well. S/he will be available to provide consultation and advice on global employee relations policies, practices and process and build capacity in HR Partners and Country HR Leads. An understanding of relevant laws, regulations, concepts and practices, strong interpersonal skills and cultural competency will be essential for success in this challenging role.
· Lead and manage multiple thorough, fair, and timely investigations of complex employee relations issues in a fast-paced environment, including intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and de-brief meetings in partnership with stakeholders.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of laws, regulations, concepts, and practices applicable to workplace investigations, and all aspects of employment, and provide advice to HR Partners and Country HR Leads, as needed.
· Prepare case overviews and investigation reports in English which convey findings and recommendations clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with appropriate presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions.
· Interact professionally and respectfully with diverse individuals in global context, with an ability to discern systemic issues revealed during the investigative process.
· Develop and deliver education programs and trainings designed proactively to address workplace issues and enhance compliance.
· Build capacity of HR Partners and Country HR Leads in management of workplace investigations as well as effective use of EthicsPoint, the IRC case management system.