Field Security Associate
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Security Adviser (SA), theField Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations for the COVID-19 field hospital and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the region of assignment.The position which is a temporary post is locally administered by UNDP but is financed centrally by the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists SA in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the COVID-19 field hospital;
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan of the field hospital including updating staff lists
- Supports the SA with the monitoring of the security measures implementation as recommended in the COVID-19 field hospital Security Risks Management (SRM) process).
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assetsof theCOVID-19 field hospital;
- Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and preparednessfor staff;
- working at COVID-19field hospital and visitorsto thehospital.
- Assists in monitoring theimplementation of the (Residential Security Measures) for staff working at the COVID-19 field hospitaland the COVID-19 field hospitalsafetyand security preparedness;
- Assist Tthe SA with the monitoring of the security measures implementation as recommended in the COVID-19 field hospital Security Risks Management (SRM) process).
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets of the COVID-19 field hospital and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security
- Performs an in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the COVID-19 field hospital;
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including civil aviation, airport security, immigration, nationaland local provincial authorities,national security secretariat, military, and police officersin the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the AORand ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may berequired for a proper analysis of the situation by the SA;
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at SMT meetings, in the absence of SA
- Helps in the preparation and review of the COVID-19 HospitalSecurity Plan
- Supports actions during the implementation of theSecurity Plan, as required.
3. Assists the SA with the monitoring of thesecurity measures implementation as recommended in the COVID-19 field hospital Security
- Risks Management (SRM) process).
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assetsof the COVID-19 field hospitaland assists in the preparation ofsecurity reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments;
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation tostaffworkingat COVID-19 field hospital and its visitors.Conducts security briefings, as required.
- Provides support in conducting security evaluations and advice on as well assistin monitoring the implementation of the security measures for the residences (Residential Security Measures) for staff working at the COVID-19 field hospital and the COVID-19 field hospitalsafety and security preparedness;DocuSign Envelope ID: 039595E0-7669-4E3C-9600-E67588F94285
- Assists and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to theCOVID-19 field hospital and residencesof staff working at the COVID-19 field hospital
- Administers a pass and ID systemfor the COVID-19 field hospital;
- Maintains liaison withfield hospitalsecurity in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of theoperation of theCOVID-19 field hospital.
- Commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter and the Organization’s core values –Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity
- Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/her own work plan with minimum supervision. Ability to work under pressure or incrisis situations. Availability to travel within the area of responsibility.
- Creativity: Ability to actively seek to improve services, offer new and different options to solve problems/meet client needs, and promote and persuade others to consider new ideas
- Teamwork:Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect fordiversity
- Communication:Proven and sustained communication (verbal and written) skills
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education is required. University Degree isdesirable, but it is not a requirement.
A minimum 6 years of experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work is required.Prior experience wIth the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Fluency in English, Fluency in Ghanaian local language is required
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
- Experience in diplomatic security and protection isconsidered as an asset;
- Knowledge of host country safety codesSolid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access andPowerPoint);
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Physically fit
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.