National Value Chain Consultant
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The project will implement a comprehensive program that will contribute to the prevention and reduction of food loss and waste (FLW) in selected countries. It will assist recipient countries in developing national strategies, action plans and legislation for reducing food loss and waste (FLW), aligned with national policies, legislation and context and based on the "FLW management hierarchy".
The project will also focus on implementing the key actions of the FLW reduction strategies, both at the policy and technical levels, and will target all subsectors of the food system, from farmers to consumers. Moreover, the research and interventions aimed to reduce FLW will enable the effective implementation of communication and awareness-raising activities. The objective of the awareness-raising campaign is to support and communicate the action to different target audiences.
The national value chain consultant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia (SRC, SEC), under the direct supervision of FAO-REU’s Agro-Industry Officer who is Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the FLW project, and in close cooperation with FAO-REU’s Food Safety and Consumer Protection Officer and the relevant national authorities, Field Programme Unit, as well as other international and national consultants.
The national value chain consultant will provide technical support and coordination for the development and implementation of the following activities in the country, and will take an active part in their formulation and delivery, providing technical inputs throughout the process (preparation and implementation of technical materials and activities, and reporting).
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Organize and participate in a training program on the measurement and monitoring of FLW.
2. Develop and disseminate good practices manuals to prevent and reduce FLW at different levels of the food supply chain.
3. Organize and participate in training sessions for value chain actors on the prevention and reduction of FLW.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University degree in agricultural sciences / agro-economy / economics
- At least 5 years of working experience in one or more of these areas: value chain analysis and development, agricultural and agri-business development
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Working knowledge of English language
- Proficiency in Turkish language
- National of Turkey or official resident in the country with a regular permit
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.