ICT Senior Assistant (Drupal Developer)
Background Information - Job-specific
* THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE SPANISH OR EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS OR APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN SPAIN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION *
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Within the Enterprise Application Center (EAC)/ America programme, this post will report to the Information Systems Officer or his designate in the Web Services Development Group in architecting and developing Drupal websites.
S/he will assist with customization or development, as well as maintainance of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules and libraries; will assist with the requirements gathering and review; assist with the migration of existing websites from a variety of WCMS platforms to UN standards based Drupal 7 and 8 websites; will assist with incident and problem resolution with Drupal websites.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent will directly work under the Information Systems Officer or his designate in New York and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with the development and the maintenance of full-life cycle implementations of Drupal-based solutions providing support to a focus on maintainability, reliability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Assist the Manager with the performance of site-building activities, including assistance with creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs.
- Provide assistance to the theme of responsive websites using Drupal version 7 and 8, and applications as per UN branding, accessibility, and multi-lingual standards.
- Help the Information Associate with the work related to the evaluation of user requirements, designs, and wireframes during the design and user experience phase.
- Support the preparation of technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
This initiative will help support the development of a continuously maintained and enhanced Drupal UN platform with a common core. It will also support the rapid delivery of new low cost features and enrich departmental websites in an Enterprise hosted environment. The initiative will also track UN website standards compliance KPI’s as part of the ICT strategy and the website governance project.
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY * CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Completion of secondary education (High School diploma) is required;
- University Degree (Bachelor's or Master's) is desirable and may substitute for some of the required number of years of experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in providing assistance in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of Drupal websites with a high school degree.
- A minimum of two years of experience in providing assistance with the development and support of Drupal 8 websites.
- Experience in assisting with the development of responsive websites using frameworks such as Bootstrap.
Desirable (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Proficiency in using Git for source control management.
- Experience with Agile project development and product delivery.
- Experience with REST API integrations
- Experience with MySQL and MariaDB databases.
- Ability to use wire-frame and modelling tools like Visio and UML.
- Knowledge in automated testing, automated deployment processes, and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required for this post.
- Knowledge of one or more official UN languages will be considered an asset.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability'
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.Background Information - Sustainable Development Cluster
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.