Team Leader - Shelter and Infrastructure
Job title: Team Leader - Shelter and Infrastructure
Reporting to: Project Manager (NURI)
Overall purpose of the role:
Supervise implementation of physical infrastructures like Community Access roads, Culvert installations, woodlot establishments and maintenance, water resource management works and training of Project Management Committee and Project User Committees at community level, facilitation of revitalization of Parish Development Plans at Parish level.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area activities of NURI.
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and inputs.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan of NURI
- Participate in preparing monthly highlights, quarterly, annual reports, proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues e.g. District Local Government authorities in the relevant district, OPM, UNHCR, CF etc.
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors and implementing partners like DFAs in the district of operation.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Work with quality Assistant to develop projects tools
• Project implementation and reporting
• Monitor and evaluate projects
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
- Initiating the hiring and firing of employees and conducting performance appraisals are permitted at this level, but are closely overseen by the Project Support Manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Field experience
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture other relevant fields, A Master's degree in political science, international development, economics will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English, Lugbara, Alur, Kakwa Arabic and other Languages spoken in West Nile is a must.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 23rd October, 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.