National Programme Policy Office - NOA (Cash Based Transfers) Baghdad,IRAQ 2020
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies, building prosperity and supporting a sustainable future for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
In 2019, WFP assisted over 711,000 people in Iraq. Through providing food for vulnerable people, skills to build futures and enhanced social protection, WFP is helping the Iraqi government build people’s resilience and food security.For more information, see wfp.org/countries/iraq and ar.wfp.org/countries/iraq
The National Programme Officer (CBT) will work under the close support and guidance of the Programme Policy Officer (CBT) receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. He/she is expected to input and guide the design and management of programmes, and contributes to policy formulation and analytical work of high complexity.
The post holder will provide management support to cash policy and programme activities across Iraq. The position will be based in Baghdad with travel within the country.
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of CBT projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with WFP’s Iraq country strategy and WFP programme policies and guidance.
- Liaise internally with finance, Monitoring and Evaluation, ICT, supply chain and security teams to ensure effective CBT operations and monitor ongoing projects.
- Ensure quality and timely provision of CBT assistance to beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on CBT programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Maintain updated standard operating procedures for CBT, aligned with WFP corporate guidelines.
- Support the selection and management of cooperating partners to ensure improved implementation of CBT projects.
- Develop, foster and maintaining operational level contact with other UN agencies, NGO partners and service provider.
- Support the mainstreaming of CBTs in all WFP programmes for the Iraq country office, providing required technical support and guidance to colleagues.
- Ensure the use of CBT in the CO mainstreams gender and protection issues at all stages of program life cycle.
- Support the capacity building of WFP field staff and cooperating partners.
- Travelling to field locations to monitor the utilisation of CBT in all locations around the country regularly.
- Other duties as required
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic language.proficiency in Kurdish is an advantage.
Professional Experience: At least two year of postgraduate professional experience in Programme implementation.
• Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
Position Title: National Programme Policy Office (Cash Based Transfers)
Grade: National Officer - Level A (NOA)
Contract: Fixed-Term (FT) - One-year renewable
Duty Station/travel: Baghdad with travel inside Iraq and occasionally abroad
Salary: Starting at USD 41,683 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 30 working days per annum
31 October 2020
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply