Performance Management Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
JOB TITLE: Performance Management Consultant
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultant
UNIT DIVISION: HRCM - Career Management branch, HR Division
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Remote Working
DURATION: 6 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
We are currently seeking to fill a consultancy in the Career Management Branch of the Human Resources Division. The position will be home-based but expects time commitment between 8.30 am and 5 pm CET.
The Career Management Branch is a key partner in the achievement of WFP’s strategic objectives, as it is responsible for strategies and tools that support the alignment, engagement and performance management of the staff in the organization. In order to enhance the service provided to a highly diverse global workforce, working in very challenging contexts, the Branch is revising the tools and support mechanisms available for Staff Members and Supervisors in managing careers.
- Provide support on the new Performance Management system (PACE 2.0) and the future roll-out to employment categories with a Service Contract and Special Service Agreement (approx. 9,000 employees);
- Collaborate in a broad range of other processes related to performance management (i.e. PACE, Probation, etc.) and career management initiatives, designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of WFP’s workforce;
- Conduct data analysis and prepare accurate and timely reporting on activities done within the team, such as employee engagement, promotion, performance management, by providing relevant insights;
- Contribute to the roll-out of the new promotion process for international professional staff and support the team during the transition period in all initiatives related to the project;
- Design guidance materials and communication resources to keep all stakeholders informed of project progress, to request action from stakeholders or to build engagement;
- Assist in project management activities which may include organization of webinars, correspondence with external vendors, answering queries from staff/managers and liaising with the technical teams (HR analytics and technology);
- Develop effective and innovative communication materials with a view to ensure a high level of engagement for all HR and performance strengthening initiatives;
- Contribute to additional initiatives and/or campaigns managed by the Career Management branch or HR Division such as the engagement support for the Global Staff Survey (GSS). Work with other colleagues in the team in order to improve existing resources, and to identify and develop new resources.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Effective contribution to the overall promotion project.
- Quality and on-time support direction to the development and roll-out of the new performance management system to the new category of employees.
- Quality and on-time support on different projects of the area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in HR, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related studies.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in performance management, HR data management, talent management and/or other related areas.
- Previous WFP or UN experience desirable
- International work experience, having worked in multi-cultural teams and organisations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Customer service skills
- PowerPoint design and data visualization skills desirable
- Effective Project management skills
- Excellent command of English - fluency (level C) in oral and written English is essential. Other UN languages such as French, Spanish, Arabic are an asset.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 30 October 2020
Ref.: VA No. 127881
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status