Project Coordinator, Disability Reform System
- Development and adoption of new standardized, unified, national functionalities/abilities-based criteria for disability determination for all the six sectors dealing with disability assessment: Social welfare (cash transfers/benefits and services), Pensions, War veterans, Employment, Education, and Health.
- Institutional rightsizing and reorganization – by downsizing of current 32 Commissions to one unique Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake and provide support to the Programme Manager in contracting and contract management (recruitment of IC holders and procurement of works, services and goods), in line with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies;
- Support the vendors and the stakeholders to deliver timely and in quality manner. Coordinate activities with the line stakeholders - local partners from the line Ministries, institutions and NGOs, ensuring timely and successful implementation of the activities defined by the Project document. S/he should promote coordinated actions among the stakeholders, networking and smooth communication flow between all the actors. This task includes cooperating with EU Delegation (DEU) in Montenegro, UN agencies, national counterparts as well as other project staff;
- Develop various detailed work plans for the particular Project’s components and their line activities for implementation tracking, and be responsible for their timely and quality implementation and monitoring;
- Support/assist Programme Manager in reporting requirements both external (DEU, Steering Committee meetings), and internal (UNDP and UN), and in provision of inputs, formulation and update of project risks, issues, monitoring, evaluation as well as targets and results, including required updates in UNDP’s Atlas information system;
- Provide inputs and advise on preparation/implementation of project documents/activities, including definition of information requirements, data gathering and analysis;
- Support the Programme Manager in delivering the Communication and Visibility Plan. Provide due assistance in organisation of public events and project promotion, including when needed liaison with the UNDP and DEU communication officers;
- Provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing through participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff and sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Contribute to the preparation of all necessary project documents, plans, reports;
- Support implementation of actions and assigned tasks, including organisation, chairing and participation in the meetings, visits, progress monitoring;
- Assist in identifying relevant sources of expertise for project/activity implementation;
- Timely raise and inform Programme Manager on any issue that may arise during the project implementation and advice on potential adjustments of actions in light of changing requirements and needs;
- Assist the Programme Manager in the preparation of various regular and ad-hoc reports and briefs (e.g. narrative/programmatic progress reports) and communication and visibility activities;
- Provide necessary feedback for procedural, financial and administrative requirements necessary for successful and timely project implementation;
- Draft routine correspondence, facsimile, memoranda and reports from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources, in accordance with the standard office procedures, and ensure appropriate follow-up; keep meeting minutes, and similar;
- Provide logistical support to the Project (organization of Project events, meetings and study tours) and provide translation/interpretation services, as needed;
- Liaise with all the contractors, project stakeholders and partners;
- Assist in communication and promotion of the project visibility.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepares timely inputs to report;
- Maintains databases.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree, preferably in Social Sciences.
- Minimum four years of relevant working experience in coordination and implementation of substantial project/s and/or public sector reforms undertakings;
- Knowledge and relevant work experience in public sectors reforms undertakings, preferably in social welfare (social protection, employment, pension insurance), or health and education sectors.
- Proficiency in English and local language.
- Excellent computer skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.