International Expert in Solar-PV Engineering
Minimum age: 35 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the National Project Manager and National Engineer in ACCESS Project Team, the UN Volunteer International Expert in Solar-PV Engineering will:
- Providing technical input and oversight to the design of work plans, detailed procurement plans, tender documents and TORs that include feasibility study, design, construction, stakeholder involvement, quality control and risk management for solar-PV water pumps;
- Work closely with the UNDP procurement to develop the appropriate contract packaging and tender documents for works to be contracted; this includes review of technical documents for tender, technical review of all offers received as well as final technical recommendation of contractor selection based on the requirements of the project;
- Providing technical inputs and guidance to the consultant team/company in conducting detailed feasibility study and engineering, procurement and construction activities. Liaise with and direct the work of engineers and other technical staff employed on the project and develop appropriate solutions to overcome unforeseen construction difficulties. Negotiate modifications with contractors and other Engineers.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards;
- Providing recommendation to the Project Manager to certify payments for contractors for stages completed;
- Guiding and supporting the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) of the project and observe a full compliance during the entire project duration. Providing guidance to the Project Manager with the implementation and monitoring of all construction risk mitigation measures and take necessary actions to mitigate the risks.
- Providing guidance and technical support in creating a comprehensive overview of a good international practice of solar-PV power plants.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparation of project reports for submission to KOICA and Project Steering Committee.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Engineering and other related disciplines.Required experience: 180 Months Experience remark:
- At least 15 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in solar-PV power plants project development or construction;
- Experience in dealing with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies;
- Experience in monitoring power plant construction projects;
- Familiarity working with quantitative and qualitative data;
- Demonstrated experience presenting work to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at project management levels;
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in an international, multicultural environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Indonesian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
* Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
* Solar-PV power plants project development or construction
* Monitoring power plant construction projects
* Familiarity working with quantitative and qualitative dataDriving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12-11-2020