Social and Behavior Change Communication Advisor (SBCC Advisor) – Kenya COVID-19 Response
With a mission to restore health and healing to those most in need, Corus International is a non-profit, faith-based organization that offers extensive expertise in health systems strengthening as well as neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non- communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout the world.
Corus is seeking a Social and Behavior Change Communication Advisor (SBCC Advisor) for a program to strengthen community ownership and engagement in leading select COVID-19 responses in Kenya. Corus will be leading a consortium that will draw upon a trusted network of faith leaders, associated health facilities, and community health workers (CHWs) to address COVID-19. The Consortium’s response will focus on facilitating home-based care, enhancing community structures to conduct surveillance, and strengthening capacity of facilities to provide high quality service delivery.
The SBCC Advisor will be a senior member of the project team. He/she will work closely with the consortium partners and county/sub-county level Ministry of Health (MOH) counterparts to roll out messages on a variety of platforms, including mass and digital media, to promote adoption of healthy behaviors and prevention of COVID-19.
The SBCC Advisor will be based in the Corus office in Nairobi, Kenya.
· Lead execution of the project’s SBCC component in Kenya
· In collaboration with consortium partners, design communication and messaging content
· In collaboration with consortium partners, conduct training of community health workers (CHWs) and religious and traditional leaders to disseminate messages and engage communities
· Liaise with MOH sub-county level personnel to ensure coordinated communications activities at the community level
· In coordination with partners, review punctual SBCC data and adjust activities as required to achieve project objectives
· Conduct focus groups and/or other qualitative surveys to assess the reach and effectiveness of messages
· Prepare required narrative reports
· Identify successes achieved through project implementation and draft success stories for dissemination
· 5-7 years of experience in relevant areas
· Master’s degree in communications, public health management, social sciences, or a related field
· Knowledge and experience in health education and behavioral change communication is required
· Project management experience
· Demonstrated record of working with MOH and community-level stakeholders
· Experience in developing and implementing behavioral change communications, focusing on creating demand for community and facility-based health services
· Experience working on USG donor funded projects preferred
· Experience using digital technologies for message dissemination a plus
To apply, please go to: Kenya COVID 19 SBCC Advisor and follow the instructions for applying online.