Junior National Project Personnel (Administration)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The position is located at the FAO Representation in Georgia. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will work under the overall responsibility of the FAO Representative and the FAO Programme Coordinator for Abkhazia, the direct supervision of the FAO Operations Officer for Abkhazia and in close collaboration with FAO staff based in Tbilisi,Zugdidi and Sukhumi.
The incumbent provides operational and administrative assistance to the EU, USAID and SDC funded projects in Abkhazia.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide assistance to Operations Officer for Abkhazia in preparing the Purchase Requisitions for low-value procurement actions for simple goods and services
- Provide assistance to OO for Abkhazia in preparing local travels related to Abkhazia operations, organizing the cargo transfers across the Administrative Boundary Line (mission TOR, raising LTAs, obtaining security clearances, and coordinating with the Sukhumi-based team)
- Provide support to Abkhazia portfolio projects team-meetings and ensures their secretariat (agenda, minutes)
- Provide support in editing and proofreading documents (ToRs, letters, mission agendas, mission reports, etc.) and punctually translations from English to Georgian and Georgian to English, from English to Russian, and Russian to English; from Georgian to Russian, Russian to Georgian.
- Support remotely or in the field the preparation and implementation of large household surveys related to agriculture baselines, needs assessment/beneficiary impact assessment, consisting on the formulation of sampling, the development of questionnaires) in cooperation with the technical staff and Sukhumi-based IT specialist to collect and organize the narrative presentation of data collected in Abkhazia.
- Maintain the projects records and filing (ToRs, BTORs, final reports, PPTs, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Agriculture or other related field
- 1 year of relevant experience in administrative tasks
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English, Russian and Georgian languages, understanding of Abkhaz language will be an asset
- National of Georgia
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office package
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/