Officer, Prospect Management (GPPS)
United States (United States of America)
The IRC’s International Philanthropy and Partnerships (IPP) unit, a part of the External Relations (ER) department, leads on the organization’s engagement with corporations, foundations and international philanthropists globally. The USA Philanthropy (USA Phil) unit, also a part of the ER department, leads on the organization’s work with USA-based High-Net-Worth Individuals.
The Global Partnerships and Philanthropic Services Team is a separate team, headed by the VP, IPP, whose objective is to serve the partnership and philanthropic needs and functions of both the High Value teams, namely IPP and USA Philanthropy.
The Officer, Prospect Management supports IRC’s development activities by serving in a collaborative, client-facing, partnership role with fundraisers and other teams within ER. The successful candidate will sit at the nexus of Prospect Research, Analytics and High Value fundraising. The Officer, Prospect Management will be responsible for providing data analysis and prospect management support for two high value fundraising teams, USA Philanthropy and International Philanthropy and Partnerships (IPP).
The Officer, Prospect Management will be responsible for the effective management, measurement, and analysis of the movement of prospects through the donor lifecycle. Through their work, the Officer will demonstrate that prospect management effectively provides the framework to create a healthy pipeline, promoting prospects on their journey through the donor lifecycle to advance both strategic outcomes and fundraising goals.
The Officer will work closely with high value fundraising teams in USA Philanthropy and IPP to provide strategic insights into prospect and portfolio management in order to build and maintain the appropriate high-value strategic relationships and partnerships. The successful candidate will have an overall knowledge of strategic partnerships, philanthropy, fundraising processes, and prospect development initiatives, including prospect identification techniques research practices and prospect management. In addition, the Officer will not only manage the current prospect management system but will actively contribute towards its growth and expansion as needed.
The Officer will be accountable for a wide range of responsibilities, including: building and maintaining partnerships with fundraisers to effectively manage prospect assignments; providing insights for portfolio and prospect strategy through ongoing portfolio and pipeline analysis and optimization; data management of account movement through donor cycle in the CRM and reporting for prospect management systems; providing ongoing training opportunities to fundraisers on the moves management system; and, assessing and continually improving prospect management policies, practices and procedures.
• Work with fundraisers, Prospect Research and High Value Analytics to facilitate the assignment of newly identified or upgraded prospects and assist with processing portfolio transfers and reassignments.
• Collaborate with fundraisers and Prospect Research to create and manage portfolios and implement and record significant moves and solicitations.
• Work with fundraisers to develop strategies for prospect engagement, ensuring that the best prospects are being advanced for qualification and assignment.
• Ensure that fundraisers acquire and maintain a deep understanding of their portfolio and prospective relationships.
• Work with Prospect Research and High Value Analytics to provide prospect pool analysis and consultation to fundraising teams, for the purpose of improving the quality of the prospect pool and meeting fundraising goals.
• Develop systems, policies and procedures for segmented prospect pipelines that include engaged prospects with the capacity and inclination to give to IRC.
• Oversee policies and protocols around moves and portfolio management.
• Train and support staff across External Relations, through onboarding, group training, and fundraiser check-ins, as needed.
• Produce materials necessary to utilize portfolio management tools, explaining portfolio opportunities and challenges and assisting with next steps on individual prospects based on the data.
• Develop and perform routine analysis, review and updating of prospect ratings, records of interactions with prospects, activities reports, and other related data.
• Prepare and deliver relevant statistics to fundraisers and leadership to raise the visibility and awareness of trends in prospect management and to monitor the performance of fundraising and engagement programs.