Budget Assistant, Service Contract (Local Recruitment)
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Administration and Management Services (AMS)
Publication/Transmission Date\: 12 November 2020
Deadline for Application\: 12 December 2020 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi local time)
Title\: Budget Assistant (Service Contract - local recruitment)
Duration of Contract\: 12 months
Duty Station\: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date for Entry on Duty\: As soon as possible
The International Renewable Energy Agency is an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity. IRENAâs mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 162 Members (161 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 21 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
The Division of Administration and Management Services (AMS) is responsible for providing the Secretariat with an efficient support in managing its human and financial resources and ensures effective solutions for programme budgeting, reporting and timely delivery of information technology, procurement and logistical services. The Budget Section is part of the Administrative Management Services Division. Under the supervision of Chief of Budget, the Budget Assistant will be responsible for the following duties\:
- Ensures that programmatic divisions requesting certification of funds for the implementation of their work programmes have provided the necessary data and information related to their budgetary allotments;
- Assists in generating budgetary reports, including statistical and financial data for tables, charts and spreadsheets using office software and templates;
- Retrieves information from various sources and from the ERP system and compiles frequently updated reports.
- Monitors open commitments with a view to facilitate action (i.e. all outstanding commitments properly accounted for and carried forward) and produces reports on open commitments and open obligations;
- Follows-up with divisional focal points on related budget submissions;
- Maintains the database of allotment advices in accordance with fund type, and answers queries related to allotments;
- Coordinates, prepares and uploads voluntary contribution allotment advices and reallocations in the ERP system as approved;
- Maintains and uploads budget data statistics for respective projects, units and division;
- Provides general administrative support to the officers in activities such as adjustments, cleansing of data, in reviewing budgetary control balances in the ERP system for any anomalies;
- Supports and participates in activities related the ERP system testing and data uploading;
- Assists managing position details in the ERP system (position IDs, chart of accounts, reservation periods, contract details, grades, components, etc.);
- Handles delegated screening of positions prior certification as required;
- Maintains tracking sheets, files and archives;
- Take minutes and prepare meeting reports; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Education\: High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/courses in the area of business administration or other related fields would be an asset.
Experience\: Five years of experience in administrative services, budget, finance or related fields in the area of public administration is desirable. Previous work experience in international institutions, embassies, or other governmental entities is an asset. Working experience with ERP financial modules is required.
Language\: Fluency in oral and written English is essential. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Skills\: Good knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Excel.
Candidates must hold a valid UAE residence visa.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through IRENAâs recruitment platform, Taleo by submitting a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest, including details of three professional references who will be contacted if their application is shortlisted.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.