Analyst, Supply Chain, Diagnostics
Analyst, Supply Chain, Diagnostics
- New Delhi
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
The world has not experienced a pandemic at the scale or pace of the current COVID-19 pandemic; the virus has ferociously attacked high- and low-income countries alike, but in so doing has exposed inequities in access to quality care within and across countries. Despite a proactive mitigation and stringent suppression strategy, the number of COVID cases in India continues to rise. While the indirect impacts of the COVID-19 on availability and utilization of routine health services cannot yet be known, lessons from previous crises suggest that service disruption and displacement will have grave impact on population health. In order to address these challenges, a robust response based on strengthened health workforce, resilient supply chains and rapid increase in diagnostic capacity is being spearheaded by the Ministry of Health and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF) COVID-19 program, supports the ICMR, MoHFW and other key stakeholders in testing policy, strengthened data and delivery systems, and development of guidelines. The programme has been supporting ICMR in the development of the strategic plan for scaling up testing, providing data-driven insights to support supply chain management including forecasting and inventory management, and helping build guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for downstream distribution of commodities. Separately, the programme also supports selected states on localized strategies for testing scale up and equitable access, stronger engagement with the private sector, improved treatment readiness, robust awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, and analytics based programme management.
We seek a highly motivated individual with demonstrated analytical abilities for the role of Analyst, Supply Chain, Diagnostics. The Analyst will generate robust and actionable insights by conducting sophisticated analytics on supply chain and testing data generated by the programme. The Analyst will be responsible for synthesizing data from multiple datasets and inform decisions on testing strategy, lab capacity and operations optimization, and procurement and distribution of testing commodities.
A strong profile will include outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. The Analyst must be able to function independently and flexibly with a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Develop data management tools, dashboards, analytics frameworks and innovations to ensure continuous and harmonized data collection, validation, analysis for monitoring and evaluation of program performance.
- Synthesize program performance data/information and promote its use in decision making for program service delivery and resource allocation.
- Innovate new approaches for generating program insights including but not limited to predictive modelling, clustering techniques and machine learning.
- Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs.
- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of high-impact interventions to establish and sustain the COVID-19 commodities’ supply chain in India.
- Critically evaluate and strategize methods for improving commodities ordering, inventory management, warehouse management, and transportation which may include improved used of technology and data for management, integration of COVID-19 commodities’ supply chain with other commodities and supporting thoughtful implementation of data management tools and systems.
- Generate analyses from COVID-19 testing data pertaining to technical, strategic and operational aspects of the programme. The candidate will be expected to examine ICMR guidelines and scientific literature, and, have a general understanding of the underlying scientific theory.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years’ work experience
- Experience working in public health organization OR management consulting, development sector or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments OR pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Exceptional stakeholder management capabilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific and technical manufacturing information
- Proficiency in analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Databricks, etc. preferred