UN Clinic Ambulance Driver
Banjul (Gambia the)
Under the administrative supervision of the UN Clinic Physician/Health Manager, and direct supervision of the Head Nurse, the incumbent will be responsible for performing required routine clinical tasks/procedures in connection with the health assessment and treatment to ensure that identified personnel and dependents are medically fit in accordance with the medical/health requirements of the duty station.
The UN Clinic. Gambia faces a challenge in regard to transportation — one that is gradually spreading to widen the gap of quality and timely service delivery towards addressing immediate access to transportation whenever the need arises. With this challenge, the UN Clinic is only as strong as the weakest health system. This COVID-19 Response Plan aims to enable us to equip the Unit with an Ambulance and a Driver.
This will address the need of the entire UN Beneficiaries, especially those in need of prompt transfer to UN Designated Referral facilities for specialized management within and outside the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Driver will perform the following duties:
- Drive the Ambulance for the transportation of authorized personnel, and delivery and collection of all medical related documents and other items;
- Ensure follow-up of maintenance schedule of the assigned Ambulance and advising the responsible officer to take appropriate action;
- Take responsibility for the daily maintenance of the assigned Ambulance, check oil, water, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. and perform minor repairs;
- Ensure that the Ambulance is kept clean before and after usage;
- Maintain the Ambulance log sheet;
- Observe the Highway Code and UNDP Safety Requirements when driving;
- Ensure the right steps as required by rules and regulations are followed in the unlikely event of an accident;
- Perform any other related duties assigned.
- Collect samples from staff for Covid -19 PCR processing at the national Public health Laboratory and follow up on results.
- Verify availability of laboratory supplies and record quality control charts for equipment and reagents
- Performs other duties as required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies
· Accepts and gives constructive criticism
· Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
· Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
· Monitors own work to correct errors
· Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
· Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
· Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients
· Contributes to colleagues' learning
· Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
· Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
· Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
· Actively shares relevant information
· Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
· Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
· Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Planning and Organizing
· Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
· Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
· Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
· Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
· Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
· Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
· Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
· Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
· Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
· Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
· Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
· Contributes to, and follows team objectives
· Gives credit where credit is due
· Seeks input and feedback from others
· Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
· Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Takes joint responsibility for team's work
Required Skills and Experience
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.