Program Coordinator, Spotlight Initiative EVAWG
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (GoKR), the European Union and the United Nations have launched the Spotlight Initiative (SI), a multi-year programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG), and harmful practices. The Spotlight Initiative (SI) aims to support transformative change on the ground to end VAWG, in numerous countries globally, including the Kyrgyz Republic. The initiative comes with the highest level of commitment globally and will be governed by the UN Deputy Secretary General and the Vice President of the EU Commission.The SI in the Kyrgyz Republic will apply a comprehensive set of approaches based on social innovation, Human Rights, multi-sectoral inclusive response and survivor-centred principles to the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of interventions across the SI’s six Outcome Areas. Particular emphasis will be placed on integrating the voices and experiences and solutions of women and girls who face multiple forms of discrimination, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) principle of ‘Leave No One Behind’. The SI in the Kyrgyz Republic has sought to reflect on current or common place models of ‘conducting business’ in order to propose innovative alternatives aligned with commitments to gender transformative and community-led approaches guided by adaptive leadership and a joint-One UN systems management approach.The UN RC entrusts the Programmatic and Technical Coherence of the Programme to the UN Women Representative in the Kyrgyz Republic in their capacity as Innovation lead and as the chair of the UN Gender Theme Group (UN GTG).Under the overall guidance and direction of the UN Women UN Women Programme Specialist , the: Program Coordinator provides coordination and programme management support, including planning, implementing, and coordinating UN Women interventions within the Spotlight programme. The Program Coordinator works closely with Technical Coherence Specialist, the National Steering Committee, the Office of the Resident Coordinator, CS National Reference Group, implementing agencies and other stakeholders ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under the Spotlight programme .
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide technical guidance and support in programme development services related to Spotlight• Provide analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country related to the SI programme areas, and preparation of substantive inputs to the programme planning in those areas.
• Monitor and analyze the programme environment, timely readjustment of programme interventions.• Identify areas for support and interventions within the SI Programme and provide subsequent support, with the focus on innovations and transformative changes on EVAWG, in close coordination with SI Technical Coherence Specialist• Provide guidance, updates and information on the programme to the National Steering Committee, Civil Society National Reference Group, implementing partners and other stakeholders;• Communicate regularly with the Technical Unit of the Spotlight Initiative Secretariat in New York• Coordinate the technical and management of the SI programme for UN Women Coordinate the planning, implementation, management, and coordination aspects of the SI programme.• Ensure effective application of Results Based Management tools and monitoring achievement of results.• Coordinate activities the portfolio of the SI programme through technical monitoring and administrative and financial supervision ensuring the proper application of a monitoring system to track progress on program results and indicators.• Oversee the programme budget and finalize financial reports;• Coordinate the SI programme appraisal and evaluation according to results-based management requirements.• Coordinate and monitor the activities of the SI programme team, experts and consultants working as part of the technical assistance team.• Draft and review quality of all substantive technical reports, briefs and required documents.• Ensure timely production of all partial and/or progress reports by all members of the project team, contractors and project partners.• Conduct field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities of the SI programme.
2. Inter-Agency Coordination Support• Work closely with the SI Coordinator and SI Technical Coherence Specialist on inter-agency coordination activities through participation in meetings, events, groups and committees.• Provide coordination assistance to SI Technical Coherence Specialist to organize/conduct coordination with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and CSOs, ensuring that the SI programme interventions are harmonized and aligned with other efforts in the country.• Provide technical support to the UN Women Representative on inter-agency coordination related to the SI programme.• Draft analytical and regular progress
3. Build partnerships and support the development of resource mobilization strategies• Provide technical and coordination support to UN Women programme team for the development of a joint strategy for resource mobilization and SI programme sustainability.• Draft relevant donor documentation and develop opportunities for resource mobilization;4. Provide advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management• Represent the Spotlight program in meetings and political dialogues if necessary.• Provide technical support to SI Technical Coherence Specialist in documentation and sharing of EVAWG innovations with the wide audience, including through blogging and other social network tools in coordination with Communication Specialist;• Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management strategies, methodologies and products for the SI programme Ensure proper documentation of the experiences of local partners• Provide coordination support to the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks related to the SI programme.• Provide technical inputs in the implementation of advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners.
Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals• Provide inputs to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Core Values:• Respect for Diversity• Integrity• ProfessionalismCore Competencies:• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues• Accountability• Creative Problem Solving• Effective Communication• Inclusive Collaboration• Stakeholder Engagement• Leading by ExampleFunctional Competencies• Strong knowledge in ending violence against women and gender• Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills• Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets• Good knowledge of Results Based Management• Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making• Good networking skills
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Key Performance Indicators:
• Timely and quality programme strategies and contributions• Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget, workplans and the Programme Document• Partners and other stakeholder provide positive feedback on technical services• Quality reports and timely submission• Quality of advocacy, communication and knowledge management initiatives• Strong relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
• Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required.• A first-level university degree in combination with seven additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.• A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
• At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;• Experience in gender equality and women rights and empowerment is required;• Technical experience in EVAWG will be an asset• Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;• Experience working in the UN System is an asset;• Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
• Fluency in English is required• Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;• Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.