National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The tasks envisaged for this consultancy are to be carried out through the Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), which is currently implementing a number of projects in various countries in Africa, Asia and Middle East. Within the ECTAD framework, the Animal Production and Health Division (AGA) is closely working with the Office of Emergency and Resilience (OER) under the Strategic Program 5 to support various aspects of the animal health programme of FAO, including the USAID-funded Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT-2) and Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Programmes. Since 2015, USAID has been investing in building M&E systems and capacities for EPT2/GHSA supported projects and countries.
The National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the ECTAD Regional Manager in West and central Africa, FAO Representative (FAO-R) in Cameroon, the direct supervision of the ECTAD Cameroon Team Leader, the direct technical supervision of the M&E Global Coordinator of ECTAD/AGAH at the FAO HQ, and in close collaboration with the FAO Programme in the country and ECTAD West Africa Regional team.
The incumbent will support the ECATD M&E activities in the country, from ensuring integration of M&E in project design and implementation to results analysis and reporting.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will undertake the following specific duties and responsibilities:
- Collect and assure the quality of information required for reporting on project and programme-level indicators;
- Liaise with/backstopping of technical officers concerning M&E information provision and validation;
- Retrieve the required supporting documentation (means of verification) for the reported information ;
- Enter information in the prescribed formats;
- Generate M&E and narrative reports in prescribed formats;
- Ensure dissemination of learning materials to the country team to support corrective feedback;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of evaluation studies;
- Support M&E meetings, training activities and learning events as required;
- Develop M&E project frameworks and monitoring plans (PMPs) for projects at national level;
- Contribute to the development of project concept notes (CNs), proposals, detail implementation plans (DIPs);
- Contribute to the preparation of progress and final project reports;
- Provide technical support to various projects and ensure the inclusion of related indicators;
- Collaborate in the development of surveys and M&E training tools and materials ;
- Support the identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects;
- Perform other related duties.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Nationals of Cameroon ;
- University degree in animal sciences with postgraduate qualification in social sciences, statistics, research methods and/or related fields;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in M&E functions preferably in the livestock/agriculture domains or health related fields;
- Proven experience in data collection and management and research study design
- Proficiency in French and English language,
- Experience in international institution, NGOs, etc. is an advantage.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent mastery of MS Excel and/or Access, statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Good analytical skills with strong orientation to details
- Work experience in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience in project development, project report writing and data analysis
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/