ICT and Administration Officer - North (Lebanese National)
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Administration and ICT functions portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Provide basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on department’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver timely and high quality ICT hardware, software and services to the country programme.
- Maintain Internet and network connectivity in NRC’s offices and centers.
- Ensure all NRC systems are fully compliant with information security requirements and data security standards.
- Ensures that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Coordinate and maintain records for offices, phones, and office keys.
- Follow up on lease agreements in coordination with the Support Manager and prepare daily contracts related to administration work and needs.
- Maintain kitchen supplies, office supplies, and toners inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; Issue purchase requests and orders; verify receipt of supplies and complete related finance and procurement related procedures.
- Manage mobile sim cards (pre and post-paid) and visibility orders for staff.
- Manage hotel bookings for visitors and provide support in booking venues and arranging for events and workshops.
- Follow up on maintenance and repairs of NRC premises in the area.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and update operating systems and user applications, and provide software and system troubleshooting and support of network infrastructure.
- Manage antivirus software and ensure that all software on NRC computers and networking equipment are licensed
- Prepare laptops for new users and schedule software upgrades
- Perform routine support tasks including, but not limited to: connect/troubleshoot printers and peripheral devices, connecting users to Wi-Fi network, troubleshooting connectivity issues, resolving windows problems, formatting, outlook setup, managing intranet access, cabling, managing the internal landline phone connectivity at the office, etc.
- Introduce new staff to NRC systems, ICT guidelines and practices, and administration procedures using the related induction guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration/IT or Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience from working in the administration and information technology fields
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.