Snr IT Sys Serv Deliv Mgmt Off - Collaboration and Communication
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior IT Systems Service Delivery Management Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Division of Information Systems and Telecommunications (DIST) is responsible for ensuring that UNHCR takes advantage of effective and efficient information and communications solutions that enable and facilitate UNHCR¿s execution of its mandate. DIST aims to create an accessible, service-oriented, effective and efficient ICT service organization that is aligned with the core business of UNHCR, meets the ICT needs of the organization - both in the field and at Headquarters and leverage industry-standard technology for the organization.
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Director, DIST supports UNHCR as it strives to become the global leader in data and information on forcibly displaced persons, ensuring the right solutions are designed, developed and maintained in a cost effective, timely and secure manner.
This role within DIST is principally responsible for ensuring the availability of systems and services, with the supporting underlying infrastructure, are delivered consistently, reliably and effectively. The scope of IT business systems is further identified in the operational context. The incumbent oversees day-to-day operations and coordinates the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as Managed Service Providers (MSPs). S/he may have one or more Service Delivery Managers working under his/her supervision.
The role will oversee the end to end delivery of identified services for the organisation. The service management role will be responsible for the IT processes, products, relationships (internal and external) to provide this service and will act as focal point for ensuring all elements are operating effectively to provide the specified list of services to the organisation.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Support processes are clearly defined and monitored.
- Service level agreements (SLAs) with internal support staff and external service providers are clearly defined, monitored and met.
- Change, test and release processes are properly planned and carried out.
- End-to-end support to the user community is responsive and effective.
- Service provider invoices are reviewed and verified.
- Improvements are identified and pursued with the appropriate priority.
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day business-as-usual operations, including incident management, problem management, service request management, and asset management.
- Identify, monitor, and report on appropriate performance level targets (i.e. SLAs) for all services.
- Provide accurate and timely information on operational status to DIST senior management.
- Provide updates (i.e. hourly, daily and/or weekly) when acting as Incident Manager.
- Serve as primary escalation point for operational issues not resolved within established service levels.
- Serve as Major Incident Manager and lead ¿return-to-green¿ activities for prolonged issues.
- Ensure managed service partners carry out root cause analyses and execute the approved changes to prevent recurrence of critical problems.
- Determine service delivery process improvements and implement change.
- Oversee the change, test, and release management process by ensuring test plans are developed, test results are documented, and actual results meet expected results.
- Ensure delivered solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective.
- Analyse, interpret and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices before payment in view of the service levels achieved.
- Respond to and complete audit recommendations and actions.
- Adopt best practices and innovative ideas for cost-effective delivery.
- Assist in the drafting of requests for proposals and reviewing of support contracts including, but not limited to Service Level Agreements, Standard Operating Procedures, and Operational Guidelines for internal and external service providers.
- Lead the definition of support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices framework.
- Maintain appropriate communication channels with service providers, application business owners and other relevant DIST staff.
- Carry out periodic performance review meetings with internal and external support groups.
- Allocate resources in support of day-to-day operations.
- Take day-to-day operational decisions within area of responsibility.
- Prioritize service restoration activities and escalate issues that cannot be resolved within service levels.
- Request information from internal and external parties, as appropriate.
- Report and act on the failure to follow policies, instructions, guidelines, and contract terms.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
*Computer Engineering; *Computer Science; *Engineering;
*Information and Communication Technology; *Information Systems; *Information Technology;
*Technology; *Management Information Systems; Computer Network Administration; Database Administration; Electric Engineering; Information Management;
Mathematics; Systems Analysis and Development; Telecommunication;
Web Design; Web Technologies; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
ITIL V3 Foundation Level; Microsoft Tech Specialist; Information Technology;
MS Certified Technology Spec; Information Management; Computer Science;
Data Management; Change/Release/Test Mgmt Trng.
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
A minimum of 9 years ICT experience (8 years with graduate degree (equivalent to a Master¿s)) including at least 5 years recent experience ensuring that systems and services, including underlying infrastructure, are available and delivered consistently, reliably and effectively. Proven day-to-day operational experience running enterprise-wide, mission-critical systems such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning Software), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Collaboration Platform, Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform. Good understanding of change, test and release management processes for large, mission-critical systems. Demonstrated experience of managing service development in the area of Information and Data Management. Demonstrated experience leading various aspects of IT service management. Experience leading a matrixed team to ensure collaboration and effective operations. Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to influence, manage, and lead negotiations with internal and external partners and stakeholders. Experience working with business partners and coordinating mixed teams (internal and partners) toward achieving challenging objectives. Understanding of how IT affects an organization and the ability to link it to business processes.
Graduate university degree in ICT or Engineering. Knowledge of UNHCR specific ICT processes and technologies. Experience with large software development and/or infrastructure projects. Experience operating in humanitarian, development, or United Nations organizations. Working knowledge of any other UN language.
*IT-IT Operations Management
*IT-IT Systems and Standards
*IT-IT Collaboration & Communications Tools
*IT-IT Cloud Hosting Services
*IT-IT Service Delivery Management
MG-Change Management (Tools/Design/Administration)
MG-UNHCR Management Practices/Standards and Processes
IT-Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this addendum is Monday 7 December 2020 (midnight Geneva time).