Snr Programme CBI Officer
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: San Jose
- Grade: Mid level - P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Project and Programme Management
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: Closed
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior Programme CBI Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Programme CBI Officer is an active member of a bureau, field operation or division and provides strategic direction, quality control and oversight to UNHCR cash assistance programmes in the operations. The incumbent is responsible to ensure that operations implement technically sound CBI programmes and support the compliances with the policy and administrative instructions on CBI. S/he will ensure the strategic and coherent use of CBI in operations and monitor them adequately. S/he will ensure adequate coordination of all CBIs in line with the common cash delivery principles and provide technical guidance on CBIs to UNHCR staff and partners. The Senior Programme CBI Officer normally receives guidance and direction from the r Assistant Representative or other senior operations staff. S/he will maintain close links with CBI staff in UNHCR HQ.
Internally s/he also will liaise with UNCHR country offices and/or Bureau. Externally s/he will liaise with Implementing and Operational Partners, National Governments, line ministries and UN agencies.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Stay abreast of legal, political, security and other developments in the country, region which impact on the operational environment, and in particular, on assistance and service delivery through CBIs
- Ensure the strategic and coherent use of CBI's in the country operation, ensuring that CBI is maximised in assistance and service provision, strongly linking it to CRRF, MYMP and development. In particular, ensure linkages with Social Protection and Financial Inclusion.
- Review and coordinate the final clearance with DFAM of the CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the country operations.
- Oversees and conduct the development of the cash assistance programmes and support the senior management to ensure that CBI strategy is fully, effectively integrated into the country operations plan for protection and solutions.
- Ensure compliance to HALEP and that CBI is included in the preparedness and response planning and be a first responder to new emergencies/ and returns situations to ensure operations are using CBI as a modality
- Ensure effective coordination with procurement for the RFP, technical evaluation and contracting of financial service providers.
- Provide technical support on strategic planning and policy making on activities within the area of CBIs as an integral part of UNHCR programmes including assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities and coordination.
- Support and collaborate with sectors to increase the use of CBI in education, shelter, livelihoods and where applicable in health and WASH programmes
- Ensure adequate inter-agency coordination mechanisms on CBIs and strong relations with partners, regional entities and represent UNHCR representation in regional CBI coordination.
- Ensure the establishment of a sound monitoring process for cash assistance, with proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse CBI¿s performance, trends and target interventions regionally, including CBI expenditure, upstream and downstream activities.
- Assess the technical soundness of the operations and generate data for evidence-based decisions.
- Write updates on CBI, including seasonal and thematic reports on CBI.
- Ensure compliance and monitor the risk management techniques and tools for CBI.
- Ensure that UNHCR corporate tools and systems such as CashAssist and technical guidance are used.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Economics; Social Science; Business Administration; Social Economics, Political Science
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Programme Management; HCR Results Based Management;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in working in cash based assistance programmes and proven knowledge and technical skills in set up, design, implementation and monitoring of CBIs from a multisectoral and protection perspective.
Experience in interagency coordination.
*ER-Inter-Agency Coordination Mechanisms
FR-Fundraising Mechanism of Donor Governments;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X007L3 - Political Awareness Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X008L3 - Stakeholder Management Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this addendum is Monday 7 December 2020 (midnight Geneva time).
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: