Travel Administration Officer
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Travel Administration Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the supervision of a more senior staff member within the domain, the Travel Administration Officer ensures the operational coordination of key projects in relation to UNHCR official travel, including the implementation of digitalized travel workflows and business intelligence solutions. Moreover, the incumbent actively contributes to the day-to-day activities, including contract management, procurement and data analysis and is in constant contact with key stakeholders in the Organisation, particularly IT, accounting, budget and human resources as well as externally contracted services providers and counterparts in other UN organizations.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Support the supervisor in developing strategies for UNHCR global travel plans and models as well as recommend continuous improvement initiatives in the area of travel processes, policies and systems for cost-efficiencies and increased client satisfaction.
- Assist in defining business intelligence, reporting and data analytics requirements to support the UNHCR travel function globally.
- Analyse UNHCR travel patterns and benchmark against travel industry trends, perform data analysis on UNHCR travel expenditures and make recommendation for a more cost-efficient utilization of UNHCR travel resources.
- In collaboration with the IT colleagues and selected contractors, lead the design/implementation of digitalized ¿end-to-end¿ travel workflows, including online booking tools, travel approvals processes and expense management solutions. Assess the legacy systems/workflows, define the functional requirements of the future solution and monitors the new system implementation.
- Contribute to the progressive consolidation of global travel agency services and optimized implementation of UNHCR/UN airline agreements. Collect and analyse the relevant data, assist in defining the target service model and scope of work for future TMC contractor(s).
- Contribute to all procurement initiatives in relation to travel, in coordination with the Procurement Service.
- Participate in the negotiations organised with airlines at different levels within the UN system.
- Contribute to contract management, monitoring of KPI¿s, payment and reconciliation of billing statements of contractors.
- Maintain constant contact with other UN organisations, contractors, and all key UNHCR stakeholders including IT, Procurement, HR budget/accounting.
- Provide support to Field Offices in relation to the interpretation of the UNHCR Travel Policy, implementation of contracts and travel related systems. Contribute to the development of a ¿travel network¿ at UNHCR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P3/NOC - 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Business Administration; Public Administration; International Business;
Information Technology; Data Management; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Certificate as travel agent or IATA/UFTAA Diploma
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
6 years professional working experience in business travel industry at international level, with managerial and/or advanced project management responsibilities.
Proven experience in designing/implementing business travel processes and digital travel & expense solutions in complex international organizations.
Experience in using Business Intelligence solutions and conducting travel expenditure analysis,
Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft or another equivalent ERP system.
Proven experience in handling procurement contracts.
Work experience in a shared services or service provider environment.
Demonstrated hands-on experience with UNHCR and/or UN travel rules and procedures.
SC-UN/UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X002L3 - Innovation and Creativity Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies in this addendum is Monday 7 December 2020 (midnight Geneva time).