ICT Project Management Specialist
Korea (Korea (Republic of))
ICT Project Management Specialist
Date: Nov 26, 2020
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 4
Deadline: 31 December 2020 (11:59 PM KST)
Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
Entry Salary: USD 114,600
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The ICT Project Management Specialist is responsible for the delivery and management of digital solutions and services, ensuring that the Fund’s most strategic ICT projects are planned, managed, and delivered effectively. The position is situated within the Enterprise ICT Programme Management Office, which plays a key role in the planning and implementation of digital solutions utilized by the Fund and its partners.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees ICT projects, leads fusion teams, guides continuous improvement efforts to support business outcomes, and defines, tracks and communicates ICT digital product line-specific KPIs to improve the product line’s adoption and performance;
- Acts as the point of contact for the ICT digital products and works closely with business managers and ICT functional leads as required;
- Independently, captures specific features/aspects of the client needs or operational environment to ensure optimal project design/delivery.
- Coordinates with business, data, and ICT teams to align ICT product line and other architectures, consults with GCF’s users to assess and anticipate current and future requirements, develops a long-term action plan, and, facilitates demand planning and management conversations;
- Manages vendor relationships and aligns vendor products and services with the Fund’s digital agenda and objectives, works with stakeholders to continually optimize the governance and decision-making processes, and develops service-level agreements for the business outcomes.
- Recommends business process changes for better digital product adoptions, identifies and conveys business and technology trends that can improve the product line’s business outcomes, and contributes to embedding digital opportunities in GCF;
- Applies expertise in design thinking and data science to ensure customer-centric experiences.
Required experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems; MBA or similar postgraduate business qualification or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of professional experience;
- Certification in project management (e.g., PRINCE2 and PMP) or product management is desirable;
- At least nine years of professional experience in ICT project management and service delivery, with at least five years of experience working directly with senior business leaders;
- Strong business acumen; understands the key drivers and dynamics related to improvement and growth and an organization’s goals;
- Deep exposure to business processes through prior experience working outside corporate ICT;
- Experience in product management and enterprise architecture preferred;
- Ability to develop and deliver long-term strategy and technology roadmaps;
- Ability to manage the quality of service of product KPIs;
- Ability to effectively manage teams and maintain lines of communication through organizational change;
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including C-level executives and business leaders;
- Knowledge of financial management and vendor management;
- Basic knowledge of design thinking, APIs and integration, Agile methodologies, big data, and UI/UX design;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.