Information Management Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer SRRMO and the direct supervision of the Regional Information Technology Officer, and in close coordination with the respective Regional Recourse management and Regional Thematic and technical experts and in coordination with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Central Teams, the successful candidate will ensure the optimized use of IOM software solutions and be responsible for the analysis, development, deployment and maintenance of assigned IM activities and database solutions;
- Ensure full compliance with ICT Standards while coordinating as necessary with ICT Central team for piloting of innovative software development solutions and procedures. Draft the required documentation using IOM ICT Technical Architecture standard documenting, coordinate the approval required by ICT Technical Architecture Review team on the design solution.
- Establish and maintain a streamlined process for software development, integration, deployment and support to ensure sustainability of software undertakings including the development and improvement of strategies for repository deployment, layered software defense, caching, concurrency, redundancy, active directory integration, software assurance, backup and recovery, as well as software maintenance.
- Provide software development guidelines on the design, enhancement, testing and deployment of IOM the Regional Office (RO) software portfolio as well as project management oversight for the software development.
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and various stakeholders in understanding business and proposing streamlined workflows during requirements analysis ensuring scalability and business continuity of database solutions.
- Develop online forms, applications, workflow for Share point online and Services for Automation of Business Processes in SharePoint Online using Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of reliable documentation (i.e. SOP kits) to track all aspects of the RO software development portfolio including applications, business rules, database design, troubleshooting, user and technical manuals, and application installation and code deployment.
- Design, develop and implement dynamic reporting solutions and visualization using Power Bi and other standard visualization tools.
- Manage and implement application project plans, testing, release and support of Regional Office databases and applications in a sustainable manner.
- Update staff changes in workflow and/or procedures and conduct knowledge-transfer initiatives on application development, support and reports production as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Extensive experience in designing, creating, configuring Microsoft SharePoint online, creating online applications and workflows using Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate and Microsoft Flow. Proficiency in developing and implementing visualization reports/dashboards with PowerBI;
- Experience in developing and deploying n-tier web-based applications using C,.NET and software support and maintenance processes;
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Data analyses and reporting; of modular and scalable systems, and software development lifecycle;
- Experience in Agile principles, Timeboxing, Rapid Application Development, or similar software development methodologies; Experience in Project Management methodologies (certification in PRINCE2 or PMI an advantage);
- Experience in administering SQL database servers and/or using SQL queries and T-SQL programming is an advantage;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Katalon/Selenium, Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, etc. an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Building Trust, Communication, Ethics and Values, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16 December 2020