Driver - PlayMatters
PlayMatters reimagines childhood for refugees. It will bring play-based learning to children across Ethiopia, Uganda, and a to be confirmed third country. It will redefine education and cultivate a generation of lifelong builders. PlayMatters is inspired by LEGO Foundation’s call to challenge the status quo, to offer children the quality education they dream of. Children are not gaining the skills they need; teachers are under-supported, and parents are overwhelmed. The systems built to serve them are failing them. PlayMatters proudly offers something different. It will be delivered by a coalition with a track record of thinking and delivering differently.
The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of PlayMatters regional management staff and materials; care and maintenance of PlayMatters regional vehicles and their accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicles daily; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of PlayMatters regional office vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to PlayMatters Deputy Director any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicles are insured and all legal documents are always in order; inform PlayMatters Deputy Director three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive PlayMatters regional project staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment if any.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of PlayMatters Regional office vehicles.
- Give accurate reconciliation of expenditures within the given period.
- Adhere to IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or PlayMatters Admin Officer in loading cargo for the field.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Deputy Project Director
Technically reports to:IRC Transport Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal:All PlayMatters Regional staff
External:IRC Uganda program staff