Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Armenia, where a wide range of finance support and administrative duties are undertaken.
The Administrative Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative transactions and office support functions contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the work unit.
The Administrative Assistant works under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Armenia. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Administrative Assistant usually interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and office support services.
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO's corporate system and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations.
- Maintain imprest accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data; assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested; monitor project, programme and general office accounts.
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.); make disbursements from petty cash fund and balance accounts.
- Prepare routine correspondence of administrative nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of office support services and on the overall output of the work unit.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative and office support work. Experience in finance related work.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of English
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) will be considered an advantage
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency