Communications and Knowledge Management Associate
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to design and implementation of communication/information strategy for the project, ensuring sound visibility of UNDP, UNFPA, and OHCHR as the implementing agencies;
- Contribute to the development of and produce the project promotion and information materials such as leaflets, brochures, newsletters;
- Ensure regular update of the UNDP Ukraine web-site and other information sources with the project updates, provide the respective updates for the official sources of UNFPA and OHCHR partner agencies;
- Prepare press releases and review publications for articles of interest to project and circulate them to project personnel;
- Review project material translations; maintain contacts with providers of printed and other services to ensure quality and timely production of communication materials;
- Liaise with communications units of the UNDP Country Office (CO), programme personnel and other UNDP projects to communicate project success stories and results, and ensure smooth inter-agency communication in liaison with UNFPA, OHCHR communications units/officers;
- Liaise with governmental/non-governmental institutions, CSOs, and academia;
- Organize public events such as roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews.
- Develop and administer knowledge management activities of the project;
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with the media, including editors and journalists for reaching main donors, partners and general public audiences; organize PR and media activities themed on social cohesion and national unity;
- Ensure quality control over the project publications, including compliance with UNDP Communication toolkit with relevant inputs of UNFPA and OHCHR;
- Assure cross-cutting gender focus, and develop and lead specific gender equality project initiatives, act as the project gender focal point;
- Promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour corporate standards;
- Ensure wide and target distribution of information materials produced;
- Develop and maintain a system of monitoring, reporting and evaluation of project activities;
- Contribute to research, documentation, assessment studies on the project and related policy activities;
- Submit regular updates on the UNDP Ukraine web-site and to the donor if required;
- Prepare the evidence-based analysis on the project progress towards the indicators;
- Prepare and disseminate ad hoc information materials about the project;
- Bring out periodicals based on field experiences and study reports;
- Contribute to the UNDP result-oriented reporting and the integrated information management system;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual/ad hoc reports are prepared;
- Monitoring and evaluation activities of the project properly maintained;
- Donors/partners/media visits are supported in a timely and qualitative manner;
- Advocacy/public awareness/policy related events held;
- Support to comprehensive studies on the subject areas of the project provided;
- Web-site updated regularly;
- All assignments performed in a quality and timely manner.
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Project operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- The developed learning and knowledge sharing materials are of high quality;
- Project related reports are timely prepared and disseminated;
- Information and communication activities are well coordinated, inputs from the all stakeholders considered and activities are implemented.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making;
- Abilities to ensures all necessary precautions to avoid corrupt practices, maintains standards of conduct that govern the performance of the UN staff, including the prohibition of corrupt practices in connection with the award and administration of contracts, grants, or other benefits, as set forth in the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, the UNDP Financial Regulations and Rules, and the UNDP Procurement Manual.
- Be proactive, energetic, committed and innovative;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Sound knowledge of modern information technologies including websites and social media;
- Good interpersonal skills, diligent, open minded and dedicated;
- Excellent team and networking skills;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Knowledge Curation and Facilitation
- Abiliy to turn raw information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to stated need;
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share;
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Client Orientation
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly;
- Gender mainstreaming
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues and ability to apply it to strategic and/or practical situations, e.g. integrating into the project/programme cycle, including design, planning, and implementation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business administration, international relations, political or social sciences, journalism, media, communications or other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in programme support service in the field of public relations, communications, monitoring and/or reporting or other related fields;
- Knowledge and experience in conducting/managing research in social science is an asset;
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects (preferably, in the area of social cohesion, national unity, youth engagement) will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel); experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.