National Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Tasks and responsibilities
• In line with FAO corporate and regional communication strategies, plan and prepare publications (both print and multimedia products, such as articles, leaflets, manuals, stories, videos, social media posts, images, infographics) related to the success of the Project in close collaboration with the PMU and PIUs and ensure their compliance with FAO publishing standards (FAO house style; FAO terminology and Names of countries; Publishing at FAO; Quality control guidelines).
• In constant consultation with FAO Publications Group, plan and monitor publishing projects via the corporate publications workflow system (PWS).
• Ensure quality of communication products by selecting (when required) external, professional editors and designers from FAO corporate roster.
• Compile and disseminate best practices promoted by the project and lessons learned.
• Coordinate and manage dissemination of Project’s publications on various channels,
• Support the PMU in coordination and management of communications with stakeholders, agencies, clients and other agencies.
• Liaise and build relationships with FAO communication colleagues and external counterparts (FAO Office of Corporate Communication, government agencies, United Nations (UN) agencies, international non-governmental organizations (NGOS), private sector, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders).
• Create and implement communications campaigns and events that highlight the importance of food security and nutrition in the Project area.
• Support the training of PIUs in communication skills
• Work in close collaboration with the M&E Officer in developing and updating M&E.
• Plan, create and disseminate high-end communications products/events aimed at promoting awareness and education on food security and nutrition.
• Complete and submit on time any other tasks assigned by supervisors.
• Submit soft copy of all works carried out and achievements to FAO Country Office, which will liaise with all relevant project officials.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in Communication, Knowledge and Management/University degree or related fields;
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in relevant professional field;
• Working knowledge of English, Dzongkha and other local dialects are advantages;
• National of Bhutan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance technical experience in the areas cover by communication and knowledge management.
• Extent of experience in undertaking communication and knowledge management tasks.
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Depth of knowledge of development issue in Bhutan
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Work experience in Bhutan and/or other countries in the Region.
• Familiarity with FAO policies and programmes and systems is desirable
Based on requirements, competencies and skills.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/