Programme Officer for Inclusive Economic Growth
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Recovery and Resilience Specialist/ Head of the Strategic and Economic Unit (a,.i) the IUNV Programme officer on Inclusive Economic Growth will:
- Support the programmatic implementation of the RFF and, mapping and analysis of gaps, entry points and opportunities contributing to youth and female entrepreneurship in the blue and green economy initiatives;
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation of Project implementation;
- Support the dialogue and outreach efforts at the national, local and community level to strengthen Socio-Economic Recovery and build Resilience and foster inclusive sustainable economic growth that leaves no one behind;
- Draft and coordinate the procurement of studies, assessment, consultancies and agreements;
- Seek alignment and synergies with other activities and initiatives of UNDP (e.g., the Accelerator Lab) and international and national partners, particularly in areas related to youth and female entrepreneurship for improved livelihoods and enhancing the involvement of the Bissau-Guinean diaspora in the economic and financial life in Guinea-Bissau;
- Contribute to the development of partnerships between UNDP and other UN agencies, as well as with government institutions, other African SIDS, academia, NGOs, IGOs, the private sector, existing sustainable development alliances, and other stakeholders and international networks;
- Collaborate and coordinate with national partners through external advocacy, networking, coalition building and initiating timely research and analysis;
- Use internal platforms for dissemination and reporting and to enhance project quality (e.g., IATI, ATLAS, SharePoint);
- Contribute to data collection and communication efforts on the project when needed;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Advanced higher degree (minimum Master of Arts) in a relevant area, e.g., international relations, international development, or economics;Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least three years of professional work experience in engaging and working with civil society groups in different countries and contexts in Africa, preferably Guinea-Bissau or the West-African region.
Previous work experience from the UN or other international development organization is highly desirable.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Proven programmatic management experience with sound knowledge of all aspects of the project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation) is required;
- Previous work experience from the UN or other international development organization as well as knowledge of principles and procedures for the implementation of UN projects, monitoring and evaluation is a valuable asset;
- Working experience in field and with youth and female entrepreneurship and the inclusion of marginalized communities is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Sound security awareness;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Teams, Word, etc.) and office technology equipment.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Working Knowledge of Portuguese.Driving license: No Application procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 9-03-2021