Digital Health Operator
Nationality: Liberians Only
The Digital Health Operator is a self-motivated and hardworking staff member that supports the Digital Health Team. The position’s primary function is to travel to different counties in Liberia to support the training, implementation, and maintenance of Liberia’s Digital Health Program (Previously called mHealth Initiative).
The position reports to the Liberia Digital Health Manager and works closely with guidance and support from the Digital Health Specialist. Operators will train County Health Teams (CHT), District Health Officers (DHO), Officers in Charge (OIC), Community Health Services Supervisors (CHSS), and Community Health Assistants (CHA) across Liberia on how to use digital health. Operators will work closely with the County Health Teams to ensure that digital health equipment and systems are functioning normally. They will also be responsible for communicating feedback from the counties to the Digital Health Team.
All Digital Health staff adhere to LMH’s financial, behavior, and ethics policies, see projects through from beginning to end, communicate obstacles encountered to supervisors, and take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
What You'll Do
- Support the Digital Health Department, MoH, and CHTs coordinate digital health activities in the assisted network.
- Ensure that CHTs have been trained and notified of the latest digital health applications, procedures, and guidelines. Specifically, support:
- Set-up of Android smartphones (app installation, labeling, screen protectors, etc.) devices for use by health workers.
- Training including printing, general coordination, sending out invitations, and co-facilitation.
- County-level digital health inventory is being appropriately tracked, all users have functioning equipment, and CHTs have sufficient back-up devices to support the initiative.
- New apps, forms, videos, and books are being regularly updated in the field
Support routine data collection through digital health devices.
- Coordinate field visits to collect information on how the initiative is working and not working.
- As directed by the supervisor, travel into the field to collect feedback on digital health and ensure systems are functioning in the field.
- Conduct field visits assist pilot projects as requested by the Digital Health Manager and generate ideas for improvements.
- Draw on technical skills, critical thinking, problem-solving ability, and creativity to provide the technical edge to LMH’s digital health platform.
- Understand and troubleshoot technical issues in the field and report them to the Digital Health Manager and Specialist.
- Seek out unsolved problems and take the initiative to address them.
What You'll Bring
- High school certificate
- Further education and/or certification in technology-related fields a plus
- At least 2 years of experience working on technology projects
- Must be a Liberian citizen
- Ability to type on a computer keyboard accurately and quickly
You'll Impress Us If
- You can drive a motorbike in rough, off-road conditions
- You understand Windows computers and Android tablets/phones
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be eager to learn the
- You have prior experience in working in remote settings and willingness to travel to various program sites as requested by the supervisor
- You have a high level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited
- You have a Commitment to health and social justice, and to the mission of Last Mile Health
- The generosity of spirit, sensitivity, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission
- You are Comfortable working with a casual but high-performing team
Please Note: The deadline for application is March 10, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
For more information about Last Mile Health, visit our website, and our careers page to know more about working at Last Mile Health. Last Mile Health is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
FEMALES CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!