Renewable Energy Technician
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Telecommunication Officer or his designate, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Perform for installation,commissioning and maintenance of the alternate power generation facilities, power conditioning and backup power systems in the Mission including various solar PV power systems, UPS, inverters, DC battery banks, surge protection devices, etc;
- Managing for troubleshoot critical power systems and maintenance/repairs with minimum downtime and operation disruption;
- Conduct of preventative maintenance service to backup power systems and accessories including batteries as required / scheduled;
- Install and maintain of remote monitoring system for UPS / power inverters and alternate power equipment;
- Perform for site survey for alternative energy and backup power projects of significant complexity / capacity;
- Develop for the layout design and drawing using AutoCAD;
- Ensure of quality control; confirm adherence with standard processes; liaise with users on all aspects and during all phases of alternate energy project;
- Assist in developing of specifications for procurement of equipment, analyze specifications, and reports;
- Planning and scheduling of workload as directed by the Telecommunications Officer or his designate; identify possible problems; initiate long term alternative energy and backup power system configuration regarding installation and commissioning of various systems, including the implementation of enhancements and upgrades;
- Conduct surveys for power infrastructure requirement to FTS facilities to ensure continuity of services;
- Maintain and provide relevant data and records related to Alternative Energy Unit projects, activities and operations;
- Performs other related duties as may be required from time to time by FTS Management.
Diploma from Technical Institute or Electrical Engineering degree from a recognized institution very desirable.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Minimum three years experience in installation and maintenance of solar PV off-grid power systems (standalone and hybrid systems), UPS, inverters, etc., required.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, Power point, etc.); AutoCAD or similar applications.
- Other skills and qualifications: Knowledge of design softwares such as AutoCAD desirable.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 22 March 2021