International Consultant on the LEADER Approach
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme are jointly implementing “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development (LEAD) in Lori and Tavush regions” Project in Armenia. The Project is supported by the European Union (EU) and aims at bolstering the participation of a wide range of local stakeholders in sustainable and inclusive socioeconomic development of their communities through pilot implementation of the EU LEADER/Community-Led Local Development (CLLD) approaches in Lori and Tavush regions.
The International Consultant on the LEADER Approach will operate under the overall supervision of Regional Programme Leader / FAO Representative in Armenia and direct supervision of Programme/Operations Officer or BH and guidance of the National Project Manager, under the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the project, as well as in close cooperation with the Government authorities, other national counterparts and the national/international consultants.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In cooperation with the respective Project partners (UNDP, ADA), guide the operationalization of EU LEADER approach in two target regions of Armenia;
- Support the formation and establishment of effective and inclusive Local Action Group (LAG) partnerships, taking into account the international best practices and the results and recommendations of the study on the local legal framework developed by UNDP;
- Provide expertise and guide the establishment of the Local Action Groups (LAGs) in line with the FAO approach to community development and the LEADER/CLLD methodology;
- Contribute to effective coordination of activities and cooperation with the project partners (UNDP, ADA, EUD, etc.);
- Participate in workshops, trainings, trainings of coaches (as a trainer) and other events as required;
- Assist the project team in the definition of the follow-up activities;
- Prepare mission reports after each mission.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Rural Development, Economics, Public Administration, Development studies or similar related fields
- Extensive experience with introducing the LEADER approach both within and outside the EU (3 years at least in three different countries), experience with the implementation of LEADER in EU Eastern Partnership Countries (EaP) would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent oral and written skills in English language
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Russian and Armenian languages would be an asset
- Previous work experience with FAO community development work would be an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency