Administrative and Finance Assistant – Roster
This vacancy announcement is to populate the candidate roster established to facilitate the hire to fill in the posts of administrative and finance assistants in UNDP projects. The Terms of Reference are generic, outlining the broad functions and key competencies for the position. This is subject to some variation, once a position is established for a specific project/initiative.
Candidates who successfully perform during the assessment will be included into the Roster. As soon relevant posts become vacant, they will be filled in with the candidates from the Roster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Administrative and Finance Assistant provides execution of administrative and financial services for the successful implementation of project activities and the achievement of planned project results. He/she is responsible for all accounting (disbursements, record-keeping, cash management) matters under the project. He/she promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations and works in close collaboration with the national partners and other key project partners, including international organizations and NGOs, for resolving complex finance-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and responsibilities:
Ensure administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapt processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with respective UNDP and donor rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable financial procedures and ensure their proper implementation;
- Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
Ensure administration of budgets:
- Implement the control mechanism through monitoring the budget lines and budget/funds balance, preparation of modifications as required;
- Contribute to preparation of periodic plans and financial reports required by relevant UNDP, national and/or donor procedures for project, donors, government and other parties involved in implementation and funding of activities;
- Liaise with the UNDP Country Office to request funds transfer, verify financial reports, budget revisions, receipts of contributions.
Provide accounting and administrative support to the project:
- Ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments;
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to the UNDP Country Office/donor/national partners and verify the accuracy of such reports;
- Prepare and timely submit payment requests with proper support documentation to the UNDP Country Office;
- Provide financial monitoring over project commitments and expenditures and assist the Project Manager in assuring proper project delivery;
- Control the usage and proper accounting of non-expendable equipment (record keeping, drawing up regular inventories), inventories and materials;
- Ensure compliance with appropriate operational and financial closure procedures, subject to the incumbent's mandate and authority;
- Prepare and timely submit travel documents in accordance with UNDP requirements;
- Assist in procurement of services and goods under the project where appropriate;
- Provide necessary administrative, financial and logistical support to project events, including among other workshops, seminars, working meetings and visits of national and international delegations (visa support, transportation, hotel accommodation etc.);
- Assist in preparation of meetings of the Project Steering Committee (PSC) and further follow-up;
- Keep files of project documents and expert reports and ensure general circulation of documents;
- Act on telephone inquiries, fax, post and e-mail transmissions, and co-ordinate appointments;
- Provide translation of documents for/to English/Russian/Belarusian as required;
- Draft project correspondence and documents; finalize correspondence of administrative and financial nature; edit reports and other documents for correctness of form and content as required.
Implement HR services such as:
- Assist in preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements;
- Assist in collection, preparation and submission of support documents for Service Contract (SC) and Individual Consultant (IC) recruitment, using UNDP recruitment system;
- Maintain and monitor monthly and annual staff attendance records for UNDP Country Office review;
- Keep regular contact with project experts and consultants to inform them about the project details and changes;
- Under Project Manager’s coordination provide services for performance evaluation review of project personnel.
Perform any other administrative and financial duties related to the project as requested by the Project Manager.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise: financial and budgeting skills; ability to manage complex data; monitor and analyze budgets; attentiveness to details;
- Delivery: ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to finance; ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints; ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Communication: listens to develop awareness of client needs, respects difference of opinion, finds common ground to solve problems; demonstrates behaviours such as teamwork, maintaining relationships, recognizes potential blocks to completing tasks and seeks guidance from supervisors to address issues
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in economics, finance, administration or management or any other related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant financial experience;
- Previous relevant administrative experience is an asset;
- Previous relevant experience in development/international technical assistance projects is an asset;
- Fluency in Russian and English, knowledge of Belarusian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.