Senior Business Analyst - Financial Systems Support
Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.Senior Business Analyst
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Business Analyst is a leading professional who is expected to deliver new insight and lasting business value by leveraging the many systems and analytics business opportunities offered by cutting edge technology. The incumbent will lead end-to-end integration and proactively manage updates from a business transformation leadership perspective, utilizing skills and knowledge of the relevant area.
The incumbent leads client-facing design sessions and related change management for the on-going renovation of work practices, their streamlining and simplification; to do so, liaises with all relevant stakeholders to document procedures, brings awareness of procedure changes, and supports process reconfiguration to help transform the Organization from a largely transactional model to a strategic business partner for field operations and senior management.
S/he will be working closely with all relevant stakeholders to enhance the use of state of the art technology within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Define functional and technical solutions for new or amended technologic services, procedures or systems to meet the defined business use cases.
- Ensure end-to-end integration of business processes across systems within the AoR.
- Ensure continuous systems¿ support through UNHCR¿s governance model, including managed service providers.
- Undertake quality assurance of delivered work from a functional perspective (Functional testing, Integration testing, Business Process testing and User Acceptance Testing), managing Sandbox and Production environments in accordance with UNHCR¿s governance model.
- Build strong business relationship with all stakeholders with respect to applications within the AoR.
- Coordinate business analysis of how systems and analytics can be used to improve its value as a strategic partner for field operations and senior management.
- Conduct quality funding analysis in a structured manner for expedited and more comprehensive outputs.
- Identify and analyse funding gaps and surpluses in a systematic way so that necessary resource allocation decisions can be made by the senior management on time.
- Coordinate business analysis and implementation of configuration proposals for systems within the AoR that minimize complexity, simplify processes and streamlines management procedures.
- Provide expert advice on complex system design issues, including how system configuration and use of analytics can help achieve targets and key performance indicators and benchmarks, etc.
- Provide enhanced analytics (AI, Machine Learning, etc.), expertise and reports to UNHCR senior management, e.g. on key business driver insights and performance indicators.
- Coordinate change management for work practice renovation initiatives supported by the systems within the AoR.
- Establish and analyse benchmarks within the AoR with those of comparable humanitarian organizations.
- Interface with the relevant counterparts and business process owners to prepare and test regular updates to the system within the AoR, including monitoring that all licensed capabilities are fully applied at all times.
- Build capacity for relevant business process owners to be aware of and prepared to use new or updated system capabilities.
- Build capacity, in liaison with GLDC, for relevant business process owners to develop and publish timely end-user training materials, e.g. short videos, for all future system updates and business innovation initiatives within the AoR.
- Undertake and lead relevant system testing, coordinate and liaise with all levels of system support.
- Prepare and develop user-friendly and cost-efficient technologic tools and business requirements within the AoR; lead in the documentation of business requirements and later in updating related operating procedures and/or training materials.
- Manage and provide advice on basic security features, system roles and responsibilities as well as audit reports.
- Conduct report writing and report maintenance, set up actionable dashboards to meet the requirements of (regional) partners and their clients.
- Negotiate and prioritize business requirements with stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P4/NOD - 9 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
International Relations Information Technology; Business Administration;
Economics; Social Science; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience at the professional level as a business analyst or program manager in international organizations, public or private sectors, of which at least 6 years should be in an international capacity directly relevant to the functions of this position. Documented relevant work experiences as a business/system analyst. Involvement in systems integration, implementation and related management and organizational change management initiatives in an international or multinational environment, with specific ERP or similar complex system management experience in at least one recent deployment project, preferably within the UN system or international public organization.
Good knowledge of procedures/processes and exposure to provision of support services in an International Organization, preferably specific to configuration and maintenance in a UN or international public organization. Involvement in the analysis, design development and testing of system configurations. Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills and the capacity to communicate complex technical issues in layman's terms. Very good working knowledge of standard desktop tools such as MS Office suite and proven capability to learn new software tools. Good knowledge of the UN rules/procedures and processes. Experience in learning/training activities.
Extensive knowledge of ERP systems, including formal training or certification. Experience in business processes analysis and streamlining in the UN using CM applications.
IT-IT Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
MG-Business Process Innovation on a global scale
MG-Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)
UN-UN Systems and Processes
MG-Change Management (Tools/Design/Administration)
CL-Programme/Project Mgmt (formulation, implementation, programme cycles and reporting)
MS-Data Collection and Analysis;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X002L3 - Innovation and Creativity Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies advertised in the March 2021 Compendium is Thursday 15 April 2021 (midnight Geneva time).
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: