Post Number : 4AFBFM0706RP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Kabul
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 29-APR-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates entitled to work in Afghanistan can apply.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures. The incumbent will carry out the following responsibilities:Long Description
- Assist in the preparation of documents/reports;
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office activities;
- Classify and code material relating to a number of subject areas and maintains general office files;
- Search Office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference from automated systems;
- Select information and record in correspondence, technical papers, project/ programme plans and general reference documents;
- Draft routine correspondence, cables, memorandums and reports on the basis of oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Process payments; check that documents are complete, correct and compliant with the rules, regulations and procedures;
- Provide information, explanations and guidance on basic rules and procedures;
- Ensure that the accounting records (disbursement and receipts documents) and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed;
- Act as bank focal point; carry on the reconciliation and follow up on bank documents;
- Ensure that monthly bank statements of accounts of the Office are received on time for the monthly closing of accounts;
- Make disbursement from petty cash; ensure that all necessary receipts are provided and keep updating the register of petty cash.
- Extract data from automated systems or other sources and prepare documents for processing; maintain and update database and follow up on personnel files;
- Draft routine correspondence and memoranda based on previous examples and templates;
- Assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization and the host country.
- Collect applications for vacancies and conduct reference checks;
- Coordinate interview schedules, prepare agenda and documentation.
- Make arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance;
- Check documents by verifying purchase orders and check the comparative quotations;
- Follow up on requests by tracking and collecting orders (goods and services), check that goods and services are received according to the terms of the Pro forma (time, quantity, quality);
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of various supply items. Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment to BFM;
- Liaise with companies and different host country’s administration;
- Follow up air tickets purchase and payments, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel; track security certificates. Make travel and hotel reservations.
Completed secondary, technical or vocational school education.
Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in administration, finance or related area.
Skills and Competencies:
Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong service orientation and ability to deal efficiently with partners at different levels.
Ability to analyze, interpret financial data, and monitor budgets.
Good organizational and coordination skills, ability to take initiatives, establish priorities and monitor own work plans.
Ability to work as part of a team, and provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
Sense of integrity and confidentiality.
Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages.
Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Specialized training or courses in one or more of the following disciplines: administration, finance, accounting and/or procurement.
- Experience within the United Nations System.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of the system ERP (Entreprise Resource Planning).
- Knowledge of local languages (Dari, Pashtoo,…);
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.