Construction Supervising Engineer
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Construction Supervising Engineer, is to provide technical expertise to improve planning and implementation of construction structures that will be supported by IRC in Palabek Ogili Refugee Settlement in Lamwo district.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding IRC Construction and rehabilitation work.
- Providing engineering inputs as required for any construction projects being implemented.
- Do technical drawings and Bills of Quantities (BOQ) for required Construction to guide procurement of construction services.
- Supervise and follow up constructions to ensure timely, cost effective and quality delivery of the works.
- Supporting and liaising with IRC contractors to ensure good quality work standard are done as per the specification, requirement and standard of IRC & its funding agency.
- Contributing to compliance with IRC Safety policies and procedures in construction.
- Contributing to site safety and hazard assessments.
- Follow up on the quality materials delivered/used on site (concrete, aggregates, cement, reinforcement bars etc.) and reporting to the supervisor as needed.
- Supervising Contractors on formwork, reinforcement fixing and concrete casting works and advising them promptly.
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality control, ensuring that construction is done to job specifications and details.
- Identify any errors and potential problem at sites and work towards preventing them.
- Advise on and ensure that projects comply with local, state or relevant government regulations.
- Check technical specifications and detail BOQ of assigned projects.
- Review existing plans for accuracy and quality — and where possible suggest technical changes.
- Advise on good project management and construction practices.
- Support in preparation of design/works; architectural designs; selection of materials, equipment and manpower requirements of assigned projects.
- Advise on good environmental practices and controls during construction and mitigate environmental impacts of the works.
- Ensure timely notification to IRC in case of change in project plan.
- Verify completion and standards by signing completion certificates.
- Provide reports on work as required by IRC.