Social Media Intern
New York City (United States of America)
EYElliance is a multi-sector coalition that drives the global strategy to close the gap in access to eyeglasses. With an affected population of over 2 billion, poor vision that can be corrected with a pair of glasses is according, to a New York Times article, “the biggest health crisis you’ve never heard of.”
EYElliance represents the next generation of systems change agents: practitioners whose experience working to grow and scale service delivery organizations have informed our decision to opt for a new set of tactics to solve the problem in its entirety. Doing so will result in over $227 billion restored to the global economy annually due to increased productivity in the working poor, and it will also raise GDP by 0.2% from improved educational outcomes. We are in active dialogue and collaborating with the WHO, World Bank, the World Economic Forum, USAID, the Global Partnership for Education, the International Finance Corporation, DFC, and funded by the Skoll Foundation, the UBS Optimus Foundation, and the Aspen Institute.
Our core strategic areas include demonstrating the viability of global scaling strategies through our Evidence Labs in Latin America and Liberia –as well as lowering the risk for new actors to adopt those strategies by disseminating our learnings through open-source tool kits. Our work is supported by and done in concert with the global development community, including former heads of state, Ministers of Health and Education, the private sector, and development finance institutions.
Building on recent success, EYElliance now seeks to build and broaden its brand recognition across media platforms. The Social Media Intern will help the organization identify, conceptualize, design, and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform our audience about opportunities, services, and programs. The Social Media Intern will help create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels, and support promotional and campaign efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
The Social Media Intern will support the EYElliance team in developing and implementing outreach and promotional campaigns to boost engagement and recognition. The duties and responsibilities of the Social Media Intern include:
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote EYElliance on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with diverse educational qualifications and technical skills to deliver on the job. The skills we’re looking for include:
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in digital communications or related fields such as advertising, journalism, or graphic design
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Available to work at 1 day per week or more
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Practical experience with managing and launching social media campaigns
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events
- Flexible schedule for students or recent graduates
- Remote work possible