Video & Audio Conference Technician
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the responsible Video Conference Unit Supervisor, the UN volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Perform for testing equipment and setting-up the necessary Wide Area Network (WAN) links before conferences. Operating the relevant room equipment during the conferences. The incumbent must over-see the entire conference to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly;
- Ensure that the equipment necessary for each video and audio conference is tested and working properly. This will require working knowledge and experience on:
- Tandberg, Cisco, Polycom, and Accord videoconferencing endpoints, gateways, and multipoint control unit products;
- Various short-haul and long haul, high-speed data carrier equipment (eg. High Speed Line Driver (copper/fiber) equipment);
- Cisco Switches and Routers;
- LAN/ WAN protocols and technologies; and
- Have an overall understanding of satellite communication technologies.
- Perform for maintenance & operation of Audio Conference Equipment, Polycom Soundstation, Interpretation System,BGAN INMARSAT Satellite Terminal, Thuraya Satellite Phone and Mobile Phones;
- Perform for setting up of Public Addressing system (PA) equipment, for different kinds of events and meetings;
- Responsible for distribution and return of CITS equipment with Inventory Management functions, such as receipt, inspection, issue, return-to-stock, write-off, shipments and stock checks;
- Perform for maintenance and operation of the WAN in terms of monitoring, tracking, and logging events to provide input for the network engineers;
- Perform other duties as required.
Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- 3-4 years experience operating Audio & Video Conferencing equipment;
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Good technical knowledge of Audio & Video Conferencing and associated equipment;
- Basic knowledge of satellite communications and Cisco router configurations;
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word); other IT applications and office technology equipment.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 09 May 2021