PAVEMENTS AND GROUND SUPERVISOR
Sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt)
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Supervises, plans, and directs the activities of up to 30 local national contracted personnel engaged in grounds maintenance and heavy equipment operation. Develops recommendations regarding construction, maintenance and repair of roads, pavements and parking areas, athletic areas, and security fencing.
- Supervises landscaping of all public planted areas.
- Supervises heavy equipment operation and ensures that each assigned staff member is competent to operate allocated equipment. Ensures that each assigned personnel completes annual safety training on such allocated equipment. Ensures that all pre-use operator checks are correctly performed on allocated heavy equipment prior to use and that all vehicle operation documentation (VOS Sheet) is properly completed.
- Coordinates and supervises non potable water truck (used for ground irrigation), sewer and garbage truck operations.
- Assists with the planning and design of landscaping or horticultural requirements, including preparation of bills of material necessary to accomplish a project.
- Ensures work performed by assigned personnel comply with MFO regulations and safety standards. Corrects any faults identified and determines whether any additional training is required.
- Assists the maintenance planning team by providing landscaping knowledge and expertise when required.
- Maintains a record of competencies for assigned personnel. Provides records of all training to the Force Contract Analyst monthly, specifying training content and personnel trained.
- Ensures that lifting tackle, spare parts, and materials are correctly stored, labelled, and segregated. Ensures assigned personnel carry out the correct pre-use checks on each item of lifting tackle used and that any unserviceable items are segregated and secured pending formal inspection.
- Assists the Force Safety Officer during the annual inspection of lifting equipment and tackle.
- Ensures an acceptable standard of hygiene and cleanliness within the vehicles and work areas. Immediately reports faults with vehicles to the Vehicle Maintenance Facility for rectification and repair.
- Maintains accurate records of all work accomplished and ensures that such records are entered into SAP. Ensures that assigned work orders are completed within the priority set and any requirements for materials that are not in stock are progressed through the work order system promptly.
- Uses the SAP system to report on work order status, maintenance requirements, priority, material requirements and manpower times allocated.
- Provides 24 hour “on call” support as required to meet emergencies or Force mission requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage outdoor work crews that perform multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read, interpret and work from blueprints, prepare rough sketches of work, and estimates of material and labor.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and recognized heavy equipment certification/license from home country.
- Must be fluent in English.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience, with a least 3 years in supervisory role involving grounds maintenance, heavy equipment operations, and quality assurance inspections.
- Must have recognized certification in street works/construction.
- Qualifications in construction health and safety are desirable.
- For more information on salary and allowances, please follow this link: https://mfo.org/employment
- All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
- Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
- MFO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy announcement is Friday, 14 May 2021 (midnight Egypt time).